You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Have you ever been barred from a pub

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you ever been barred from a pub
    Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 7:35pm
Just was thinking no matter what stuff i got up too in my youth i was never barred from a pub . 

Go on there must be some good stories for those who have  ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Just was thinking no matter what stuff i got up too in my youth i was never barred from a pub . 

Go on there must be some good stories for those who have  ?

No - no surprise 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 10:13pm
Yeah 3 places all within a couple of months of each other and all in the same town.  Two of them I was 100% innocent and the other was harsh and I got it overturned.  

Dundalk has a lot to answer for 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 10:16pm
Been kicked out of plenty of places but never for anywhere local for something bad that i would be barred. Defo a handful or two of times where I wasn't allowed in as a punishment for acting the bollocks the prior week.
Acting the bollox = 
Too locked last week so give it a break this week.
One time blamed me for pulling a blind off the window.
Called the bouncer a Teddy bear and hurt his feelings.
Accused of saying the barwoman had a sexy arse. 

Remember the Teddy bear one well as it was a Christmas eve and he didn't let us in on the Stephen's Day, prime drinking day of the year in the local 

I was putting a good chunk of a barmans salary behind the bar each week so the punishment never stuck for too long.

Edited by t_rAndy - 24 Jan 2023 at 10:17pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 2:18am
I'd say I'm still barred from Tom Kennedy's on Thomas Street, can't remember what I said but the owner gave me a boot up the hole on the way out. The ironic thing was I was with a fella that is barred from most places he drinks in and he was the one behaving himself LOL 

Plenty of other places for sleeping where they weren't impressed but not really a barring order. And numerous warnings and asked to leave but they'd let you back in again and just give the nod and the old behave yourself this time cliche. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 11:19am

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 01 Feb 2023 at 11:20am
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 12:01pm
Was barred from a place in Cork City before that i'd never been into in my life and I only found out I was barred the first time I went to go into the place. Apparently I have a twin who enjoys a fight LOL
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Was barred from a place in Cork City before that i'd never been into in my life and I only found out I was barred the first time I went to go into the place. Apparently I have a twin who enjoys a fight LOL
You have a Doppel langer....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

LOLLOL
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 4:03pm
LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic