You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coin Machines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coin Machines
    Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 3:11pm
Was previously with Ulster Bank and they had machines where you could throw your coins coins in, they'd count it, give you a ticket and you could lodge to your account
Anyone know if any Bank of Irelands around Dublin have something similar
 There's a few around that charge 12.5% or something in Spars, but would rather bag them up than that
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Was previously with Ulster Bank and they had machines where you could throw your coins coins in, they'd count it, give you a ticket and you could lodge to your account
 There's a few around that charge 12.5% or something in Spars, but would rather bag them up than that

Supermarkets do them I think but they take a cut 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

11% in the local Tesco!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 6:12pm
The Post Office takes it free with an account.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 12:22am
Count it and bag it yourself. If you’re Dublin based pm me and ill get you sorted .
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

11% in the local Tesco!

I can change coins for 9% if you're interested
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 1:40pm
How accurate are these machines though? I have a load of change to get sorted. Used to always bag them up and bring them to the bank but you can tell they hate people coming in with coins. They dont want to deal with ya nowadays in the bank atal really. Its like their doin ya a favour by dealing with you in person. A bit of hassle aswell bagging them and carting them around. So going to try one of those machines for once but always wondered are they very accurate?
I love beer gardens
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 2:01pm
Why don't you just go to your local supermarket and load them into the self scanners when you buy food . It would not take too long to get rid off all your change at 0% 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Why don't you just go to your local supermarket and load them into the self scanners when you buy food . It would not take too long to get rid off all your change at 0% 

Not a bad shout - 10cents would be a killer though
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 12:40am
ok how about i count all your change, bag it and only take 8%?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 11:08am

I did this with about €40 worth of 10 and 20 cent coins.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 1:47pm

When I was a student in Edinburgh,  I broke a self service machine in Holy Corner by putting 100 1p coins into a machine LOL. All I wanted was a can of coke and a packet of crisps.

Edited by Jackal - 26 Jan 2023 at 1:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic