You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you still tip takeaway drivers, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 1:45am
I think you do lob the euro or 2 because you know they are making pittance and the tips bring it up.
But as a consumer and taking Dominos as an example.
- they forever had a 0 delivery charge. Of course then 1-2 euro you would always give as a tip.
- They then upped it to 2 euro basically so the driver would either get paid more or get the extra 2 euro per drop.
- they have since increased to 3.50 (as well as all their fecking prices, im not a fan but kids love it).

So I would think the driver is already now getting 3.50 extra than they did previously, where at least me I would always tip 1-2 euro.
So it's already costing me 3.50 more to cover delivery charge (on top of the higher food prices) so for the same product and service if I was to also tip I'm down a few euros across the board.

Now if I have a euro lying around then I'll surely give it, i did deliveries one night covering for my brother who was doing the deliveries when in college and for sure without the tips at the place he worked then it wouldnt be worth it going to work. But particularly places like dominos where prices have continued to rise, the times of looking under the bed to try find a bit of change I can give to the driver I think are gone. If they are going to raise the prices then I assume they are taking care of the drivers and I don't need to be further out of pocket.

Restaurants I'd always don minimum 10% but usually around 15.

Edited by t_rAndy - 04 Jan 2023 at 1:55am
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I'd say the bar staff are getting a better salary then the drivers. Odd logic. 

How? the same bar staff could be serving me for multiple hours a night on many many nights of the year. Nice to show a bit of appreciation. 

Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2023 at 11:50am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I'd say the bar staff are getting a better salary then the drivers. Odd logic. 

How? the same bar staff could be serving me for multiple hours a night on many many nights of the year. Nice to show a bit of appreciation. 

I am sure the Bar staff would be happy if you drank somewhere else Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic