You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Rolling boh Rolling boh wrote:

was quite  surprised  at the number of people standing  around at the back drinking during the game  .Seems a bit of a waste buying a match ticket to do that .
That does not surprise me at all. Can't understand myself why people go to games just to drink overpriced pints 
Sponsored Links

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 7:26pm
about 4k no shows it seemed 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 7:33pm
Seems like people spent time watching others than watching the game.   Did people actually think there was 43,000 hardcore fans of Pats and Bohs. 
AKA pedantic kunt
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 9:27pm
Great f**kin day. 2 cups in 3 years. Magic stuff. Last 5 minutes were class. Shels fans cheering on Pats.

ClapClapClap
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2023 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Great f**kin day. 2 cups in 3 years. Magic stuff. Last 5 minutes were class. Shels fans cheering on Pats.

ClapClapClap

Youse had the Hoops support too pal Big smile
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Seems like people spent time watching others than watching the game.   Did people actually think there was 43,000 hardcore fans of Pats and Bohs. 

Bang on...hats off to both clubs but don't expect your crowds to swell next year 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 10:53am
A fine fine day Big smile
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 11:22am
A day for the ages. Inchicore and red cow were off the charts.

Full value for the win. Won the cup with every tie away from home too.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 11:34am
I was in the Pats section in the lower East near the corner - everyone went mental when the goals were scored. Not sure about that comment above saying Pats fans not celebrating. The atmosphere was great for the whole game, like in 2021. 

Of course there are going to be some neutrals, some curious onlookers. Fine. Everyone is welcome. Both clubs sold out their allocation within a few days so there was no issue with support.

The only bummer was the fire marshal, or whoever, deciding that tifos and banners were a fire hazard and were confiscated before the match. The displays in 2021 were brilliant, such a shame we didn't see any yesterday. Still, the pyros were great. I love when you can't see the pitch just before kickoff!
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 11:41am
You do have to be a very special type of scrote though to throw flares onto a football pitch. Just can't wrap my head around it 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 12:38pm
Both sets of fans spent plenty of money on the displays too. Ridiculous call from the FAI or whoever. 

Sadly the game played out exactly the way I thought. 

Was a great day & occasion though. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 1:14pm
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 1:22pm
Saw lots of people from Donegal and Derry at the game, lots of neutrals too.

Irish rail would want to get their sh*t together and put on more trains.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2023 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

I was in the Pats section in the lower East near the corner - everyone went mental when the goals were scored. Not sure about that comment above saying Pats fans not celebrating. The atmosphere was great for the whole game, like in 2021. 

Of course there are going to be some neutrals, some curious onlookers. Fine. Everyone is welcome. Both clubs sold out their allocation within a few days so there was no issue with support.

The only bummer was the fire marshal, or whoever, deciding that tifos and banners were a fire hazard and were confiscated before the match. The displays in 2021 were brilliant, such a shame we didn't see any yesterday. Still, the pyros were great. I love when you can't see the pitch just before kickoff!

Ah, was lads in Pats jerseys in East upper, casual fans I'd say. Wasn't meant as a dig at all, just a weird crowd up by where I was. Very different to any cup final I'd been to, but thay was always going to happen when a sell out. As Baldrick said, not everyone was going to be a die hard. 

Great to see though, they're exactly who the league needs. It was the same type of male going to the games for years, such a diverse mix now, badly needed. 

As

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2023 at 3:49am
From a league perspective, it was great that the day passed without any incidents which the media could cling to, unlike the previous 2 final. Saw that the Irishtown house wasn’t open at all.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
  Share Topic