You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Women's World Cup 2023 - 19 Jul to 20 Aug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Arriving Thursday morning, so many people coming from Melbourne. At least 30 i know on my flight i would say. and then every other person i have been chatting to are going on other flights either tomorrow or Thursday day. 

What are predictions for the amount of Irish in the stadium, had some people saying 60% Irish, can't see that at all haha. I think 15k, around 20% i wouldn't be surprised at. 

I'd be surprised if there was any more than 10,000.

Sponsored Links

Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Arriving Thursday morning, so many people coming from Melbourne. At least 30 i know on my flight i would say. and then every other person i have been chatting to are going on other flights either tomorrow or Thursday day. 

What are predictions for the amount of Irish in the stadium, had some people saying 60% Irish, can't see that at all haha. I think 15k, around 20% i wouldn't be surprised at. 

Fair enough. The amount of Irish that have landed over since the borders open has been insane, hoping for as many as possible! 
“I managed to stay alive for 63 and a half years, baby”
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 2:01pm

Fair enough. The amount of Irish that have landed over since the borders open has been insane, hoping for as many as possible! 

Purely anecdotal, but would know of around 20 Irish mates in and around Sydney and none of them are going and I don't think they know too many that are. And we always over estimate our numbers so that's what leads me to think it might be on the lower end of the scale.
But hopefully I'm wrong and either way the support there will still be great. 
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 1:25am

Purely anecdotal, but would know of around 20 Irish mates in and around Sydney and none of them are going and I don't think they know too many that are. And we always over estimate our numbers so that's what leads me to think it might be on the lower end of the scale.

I'm in Sydney and for the last 4 weeks there's been a scramble for tickets here. There's not one Irish person I've met that's not going to the game LOL 

I would imagine we will remain outnumbered, but I think the amount of us in the ground will surprise everyone. 
We're on the one road!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 7:39am

That’s because they are all either jockeys or horses 
AKA pedantic kunt
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 8:03am
Also anyone travelling from Central Station, this might be helpful. Your match ticket gets you on the train for free and there is express trains from Central every 10 mins or so. 

Although Sydney's public transport is not exactly reliable, so allow plenty of time to get out to the ground
We're on the one road!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 9:21am
Originally posted by ColemanKillybegs123 ColemanKillybegs123 wrote:

I'm in Sydney and for the last 4 weeks there's been a scramble for tickets here. There's not one Irish person I've met that's not going to the game LOL 

I would imagine we will remain outnumbered, but I think the amount of us in the ground will surprise everyone. 

Just got asked by a mate in Sydney what day the game is on Confused
toblerone View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toblerone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 10:01am
Have just flown down from Regional NSW. 

Been years since I’ve been to an Ireland match. Missed it heaps. Mad up for it! 😃
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 3:11am
I now have a spare for Aussie match. First to PM me with their phone no si I can make contact gets it 
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 6:43am
Any spares for Canada game, please pm me? Thanks.
rossconnolly96 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossconnolly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 6:52am
Anyone planned to watch tomorrows game in Sydney?
Mercantile, fan park?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 9:21am
Fair play to the Flips who overturned NZ 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 11:17am
Spain, Japan, USA, Brazil and Germany look very strong.
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 8:24am
Jetstar cancelled tonight’s 11pm flight to Brisbane from Perth.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 9:41am
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Jetstar cancelled tonight’s 11pm flight to Brisbane from Perth.
Was supposed to be on that one too! Had seen it by chance when checking boarding pass, didn’t get email of cancellation until probably an hour later! Got onto new flight tomorrow night but going straight to Gold Coast for AFL game Saturday instead of into Brisbane now.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2023 at 9:32am
That was some goal from 18 year old Linda Caicedo yesterday. Golazo.

Japan are currently beating Spain 3-0. 

That's 10 goals scored without conceding from less than 3 games as of the 70th minute.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2023 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

That was some goal from 18 year old Linda Caicedo yesterday. Golazo.

Japan are currently beating Spain 3-0. 

That's 10 goals scored without conceding from less than 3 games as of the 70th minute.
Shes going to be a star. 
Japs are flying. 4-0 win with 23% possession 😯
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2023 at 10:29am
Japan are a fine team. Making Norway look very poor. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic