You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by lukesmyth9 lukesmyth9 wrote:

Beautiful Diros hotel booked for this at Omonia Square at the price of 50 quid a night 

Is that area safe?
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Beautiful Diros hotel booked for this at Omonia Square at the price of 50 quid a night 

Is that area safe?
Pickpocket capital of Europe. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 7:36pm

Is that area safe?
I stayed in a hotel in that area - quite a few junkies hanging around but they were so 'out of it', they didn't even notice me or anyone else passing by so I didn't feel in any danger from them. Having said that, I still walked briskly past them on my way back to the hotel at night.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Is that area safe?
I stayed in a hotel in that area - quite a few junkies hanging around but they were so 'out of it', they didn't even notice me or anyone else passing by so I didn't feel in any danger from them. Having said that, I still walked briskly past them on my way back to the hotel at night.

Yeah a few dodgy streets around there but tbh didn't have a problem, was blind drunk one night as well. If you've your wits about ya it's fine, metro is like 5 minutes away as well, just if you were to walk down to where the nice bars are or where the Irish were last time you'll have to probably talk down some of these streets
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 8:59pm
Great trip last time...never seen as much open heroin use and needles strung around, but cheap beer so...would defo go back 
<insert witty comment>
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 9:27pm
Ah no only messing there was a lot of conversation on here about that area being dodgy before the last game.

Yes there was lots of drug use and junkies in Athens, but would say many parts of inner city Dublin are more intimidating.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 9:46pm
Athens was a fantastic place imo. Lots to see, decent booze, great food and great weather. Giving it serious consideration on a return visit 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102
  Share Topic