You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trevor Clarke

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 8:08pm

Trevor Clarke supposedly can be hot headed. There must have been a row. Hopefully Clarke kicks the bollox out of that Barton prick
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Trevor Clarke supposedly can be hot headed. There must have been a row. Hopefully Clarke kicks the bollox out of that Barton prick

If he's hot headed then he shouldn't be left within 5 yards of Barton ever again. I've never seen the likes of that. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 9:46am
I've no idea what the point in Barton going public is. If you're trying to sell someone, you put out good PR on them, in the hope someone will take him off you. He's got no chance now.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I've no idea what the point in Barton going public is. If you're trying to sell someone, you put out good PR on them, in the hope someone will take him off you. He's got no chance now.

Vindictive 
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 10:31am
You would like to think that other clubs will put 2+2 together and when the add Barton into the mix they will just judge Clarke on what they see rather than a rant from the likes of him.

What was the point of an interview like that only to destroy the lad (and the asset value to the club). Nasty piece of work
It's not me it's you:-)
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

If he's hot headed then he shouldn't be left within 5 yards of Barton ever again. I've never seen the likes of that. 

With a bit of luck he'll be found guilty of beating his missus in November. But the fact a club employs a possible wife beater with a long list of violent incidents and two criminal convictions for assaults they'd probably put someone in as caretaker until Barton can take over again if he's found guilty.

Edited by J89 - 09 Aug 2022 at 11:07am
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

With a bit of luck he'll be found guilty of beating his missus in November. But the fact a club employs a possible wife beater with a long list of violent incidents and two criminal convictions for assaults they'd probably put someone in as caretaker until Barton can take over again if he's found guilty.

Maybe thats why Whelo is there as a player/coach.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 8:20pm
Starts in the Football League Trophy match against Plymouth. He conceded a penalty which Plymouth scored to make it 1-1.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 9:13pm
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

No takers after Barton's words of praise, so he'll be reintegrated.

"(Clarke is) still here and he’s back training with the group," Barton said. "I was quite vocal in terms of where we were at and what we were doing, but I’m not someone who carries grudges through life. He had the chance to explore the marketplace and he hasn’t come back with anything and, obviously, we were prepared to supplement that. 

"He’s here, he’s a lad who’s part of our team once the window closes tonight. I don’t want to see lads, it’s a horrible thing to watch people in the stands who are being paid to play football and not playing football. For me, the only reason Trev would not be in our group would be we had a falling out, and that’s just childish for me.

Funny if it was comedy - imagine having to work and be managed by with this fella.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

"(Clarke is) still here and he’s back training with the group," Barton said. "I was quite vocal in terms of where we were at and what we were doing, but I’m not someone who carries grudges through life. He had the chance to explore the marketplace and he hasn’t come back with anything and, obviously, we were prepared to supplement that. 

"He’s here, he’s a lad who’s part of our team once the window closes tonight. I don’t want to see lads, it’s a horrible thing to watch people in the stands who are being paid to play football and not playing football. For me, the only reason Trev would not be in our group would be we had a falling out, and that’s just childish for me.

Funny if it was comedy - imagine having to work and be managed by with this fella.

What an insufferable bollocks. In other words he was wrong and cant bring himself to admit it.

Edited by Bandwagon - 01 Sep 2022 at 9:39pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

What an insufferable bollocks. In other words he was wrong and cant bring himself to admit it.

But then he says Clarke couldn't find himself a club. That could hardly be true?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 9:56pm

But then he says Clarke couldn't find himself a club. That could hardly be true?

I would imagine that's Barton's instinct to save face shining through.
We're decent enough..
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 11:08pm

It could be true, there may have been interest but maybe not from clubs that would pay him as much as he earns at Rovers.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 7:22pm
Starts tonight!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2022 at 8:20pm
Came on in the 57th minute and substituted in the 85th minute today. Never a dull moment!

Edit: was a knock.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 29 Oct 2022 at 8:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic