You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Get your nicks and socks on! : Junior & Intermediate Football
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cork Schoolboys League

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cork Schoolboys League
    Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 1:24am
This year's Cork Kennedy Cup winning side were instructed by the Cork Schoolboys League to turn down an invitation by Cork City Football Club to attend Turners Cross with the cup last Friday night or any future Friday. It is the norm that any successful sports people from cork are usually invited to parade their trophy at half time during games at Turner's Cross irrelevant of what sport it is. While I acknowledge the great work done by the clubs in the Cork Schoolboys League I find the motives from the CSL themselves to turn down the invitation very narrow minded. I'm sure the players themselves would loved to have walked out on the pitch at half time in the Cork City v Cobh Ramblers game.
How can we ever expect football to move forward in this country with that mindset. Marc Canham and Jonathan Hill will have their work cut out dealing with these dinosaurs involved in the game. So much for the hashtag #WeAreOne
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 9:00am
Eddie Doyle gives off strong John Delaney vibes. A man who enjoys his position of power far too much.

Ramblers have extended a similar olive branch to both the winning U12 Team and the Kennedy Cup  teams for Fridays game vs Treaty I think. It will be interesting to see what happens.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 11:28am
Was at the Kennedy Cup this year for the first time. What an ego-fest Clap

Seriously well-oiled machine though. 

Bad for from Cork Schoolboys that
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic