You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIG SUMMER AHEAD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIG SUMMER AHEAD
    Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 4:18pm
Just looking at the amount of uncertainty around the future of many of both our senior and U21 squads. It really is a big summer and hopefully most of these lads can sort something out sooner rather than later. I see Scales moved to Aberdeen today, Baz has gone to Southampton, Festy to Udinese (will he play?), Molumby to WBA on a permananet deal, but that still leaves a host of players who either need or could do with a move from an Irish pov.

SENIOR
Kelleher - Likely to stay at LFC, but could he be tempted by a loan offer?
Collins
Duffy
Cullen
Hendrick
Ogbene - Will he stay at Rotherham?
Robinson - Surplus at WBA apparently
Christie
Lenihan
Knight
Parrott
Hourihane
Doherty - Will he keep his place at Spurs?
Mc Grath - Does he need to move on again?
Connolly

U21s
Coventry
Kilkenny
T. Wright
Adaramola - Will he go out on loan?
Ferguson - Same question
Hodge - Ditto
J. O'Brien
L. O'Connor
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 5:03pm
Don't see why Doherty would leave Spurs. They will buy a wing back but surely if they buy a young one (Spence) they'll flog Royal who hasn't done anything. And Doherty will still get plenty games with Champ league, cups and league. And Spence looks a good player but he is still inexperienced. 

On Lee O'Connor, are you suggesting he moves onwards to move upwards? 

Edited by Eoink21 - 21 Jun 2022 at 5:04pm
Forty View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 7:54pm
Young Docherty won't leave Tottenham. He played his way back into the team before he got injured and he's exactly the sort of solid player Anthony Conte likes and with extra CL games there's little chance of him going anywhere. 

The most important transfers this summer is where Troy Parrott ends up. A pre season under Anthony and then off to Swansea would be ideal. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Forty Forty wrote:

Young Docherty won't leave Tottenham. He played his way back into the team before he got injured and he's exactly the sort of solid player Anthony Conte likes and with extra CL games there's little chance of him going anywhere. 

The most important transfers this summer is where Troy Parrott ends up. A pre season under Anthony and then off to Swansea would be ideal. 

I had forgotten O'Connor had already signed on for Tranmere. I'm not a huge fan and I suspect his best position may end up as CDM, lacks a bit of pace for the full back role imo.

Swansea would be great for Parrott from an Irish pov assuming he plays regularly alongside Obafemi.

While many are keen to dispense with all our senior players, I think equally important will be where Duffy, Robinson and Hendrick end up. As long as Doherty gets semi-regular game time, he will be fine at Spurs.

The destinations of Knight, Smallbone, Cullen and even Connolly (being written off far too soon imo) will be important also.
Idah Dream!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

I had forgotten O'Connor had already signed on for Tranmere. I'm not a huge fan and I suspect his best position may end up as CDM, lacks a bit of pace for the full back role imo.

Swansea would be great for Parrott from an Irish pov assuming he plays regularly alongside Obafemi.

While many are keen to dispense with all our senior players, I think equally important will be where Duffy, Robinson and Hendrick end up. As long as Doherty gets semi-regular game time, he will be fine at Spurs.

The destinations of Knight, Smallbone, Cullen and even Connolly (being written off far too soon imo) will be important also.

Be a shame if he ended up as a Cadbury's Dairy Milk
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Be a shame if he ended up as a Cadbury's Dairy Milk
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 1:27pm
Seems to have provoked a few Snickers……
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 1:55pm
Doherty is the least of our worries. Looks like they are moving Emerson on. I see a lot of Spurs fans going "meh Doherty starts over him"  at that prospect of signing Spence. Spence is young and will he be able to bring what Doherty can potentially bring to the table at wing back which is 15/20 goal contributions? 

Not to mention Conte likes utilising subs and often subs off his wing backs. With 5 subs this will become more.pronounced. The only issue with Doherty and it is a small niggle will be can he get back fit and firing for the start of the season. The type.of injury he got it varies wildly the recovery period that is. Let's hope it doesn't hinder him and he can get back fit.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 1:59pm

Just looking at the amount of uncertainty around the future of many of both our senior and U21 squads. It really is a big summer and hopefully most of these lads can sort something out sooner rather than later. I see Scales moved to Aberdeen today, Baz has gone to Southampton, Festy to Udinese (will he play?), Molumby to WBA on a permananet deal, but that still leaves a host of players who either need or could do with a move from an Irish pov.

SENIOR
Kelleher - Likely to stay at LFC, but could he be tempted by a loan offer?
Collins
Duffy
Cullen
Hendrick
Ogbene - Will he stay at Rotherham?
Robinson - Surplus at WBA apparently
Christie
Lenihan
Knight
Parrott
Hourihane
Doherty - Will he keep his place at Spurs?
Mc Grath - Does he need to move on again?
Connolly

U21s
Coventry
Kilkenny
T. Wright
Adaramola - Will he go out on loan?
Ferguson - Same question
Hodge - Ditto
J. O'Brien
L. O'Connor

As for this list Coventry Kilkenny Smallbone Noss Hodge and you could even throw in a lad like Henry Francis into this (linked with Plymouth and Mk Dons) it's vital these lads really get rolling. Crying out for some CM depth. Kilkenny Bournemouth rate too highly to go out on loan but he's just not quite ready to start regularly. They need to bite the bullet and send him out!  Coventry is an odd one who knows what happens there. 

Noss and Smallbone likewise. Hopefully Hodge gets a loan although it wouldn't shock me if Wolves keep him back until January and then send him out. Henry Francis is being linked with some interesting loans if he got them and impressed for a promotion chaisng League 1 club he's definitely one to go through the ranks. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 2:15pm
Of the above, I think Lenihan has already moved to Middlesbrough. Lot of speculation about many of the others, in particular Collins for a permanent move and Parrott for another loan. McGrath is being pursued by Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, both backwards moves from the Championship, Smallbone rumoured to be going on loan to Nottingham Forest. Reported today that West Ham are prepared to sell Coventry despite their paucity of cover at CM. Arsenal lads Ogungbo and Henry-Francis look like getting good loan experience in League One, or possibly League Two for Ogungbo.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Doherty is the least of our worries. Looks like they are moving Emerson on. I see a lot of Spurs fans going "meh Doherty starts over him"  at that prospect of signing Spence. Spence is young and will he be able to bring what Doherty can potentially bring to the table at wing back which is 15/20 goal contributions? 

A lot of strikers would be happy with those numbers. Pinch
It would damage this forums' reputation
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 4:01pm
Dohert is back training along with Skipp prior to preseason starting 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 4:17pm
Agree it's a big summer ahead for our players, we've a lot of lads out of favour at their clubs or in need of a loan to get game time. I wouldn't necessarily say Cullen or Ogbene need a move, but they probably could get a better club. U21s like Ferguson, Adaramola etc still very young with loads of time on their side, could easily see them staying put and maybe getting some minutes in the cups etc.

Already we've had Bazunu, Lenihan, Molumby and Scales move this summer and whispers of clubs looking at the likes of Parrott, Collins, Smallbone. I think most of the guys who need a move will get one before the summers out. I think Knight is the one who needs to get out the most. He is far too good for League 1. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 10:28am
Obviously plenty yet to happen and lads will be "dropping a standard" of club but already a huge amount of positives and for the first time I can remember the majority of Irish transfers have players moving up to a higher standard of club.

Our two star under 21 prospects Bazunu and Collins (potentially) get decent money PL transfer's would be the icing on the cake but an awful lot of lads like McNally and Watson who wouldnt have been expected to make moves are moving up in standard. 

Always cautious of remaining realistic but it's all looking very promising!

Edited by kevin100 - 01 Jul 2022 at 10:29am
tmorules View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmorules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 8:04pm

Good time to check on this, 

SENIOR

Kelleher -looks likely to stay. no transfer rumours.

Collins Done deal 

Duffy -looks likely to stay no transfer rumours.

Cullen Done deal 

Hendrick Done deal 

Ogbene - Will he stay at Rotherham? looks likely to stay no transfer rumours.

Robinson - Surplus at WBA apparently. Parrots transfer has complicated a move to preston.

Christie ??????

Lenihan Done deal 

Knight Done deal 

Parrott Done deal 

Hourihane Done deal 

Doherty - Will he keep his place at Spurs?  -looks likely to stay no transfer rumours.

Mc Grath - ????

Connolly. Done deal 

U21s

Coventry ?????

Kilkenny. Done deal 

T. Wright ?????

Adaramola - Will he go out on loan?. Done deal 

Ferguson - Same question

Hodge - Ditto

J. O’Brien ???????

L. O’Connor ??????

Others