You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Canham

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark Canham
    Posted: 19 May 2022 at 10:09pm
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 12:59am
Interesting, I already thought John Morling was given the job. Probably end up at Newcastle instead with Dan Ashworth up their as technical director.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 5:28pm
I see one or two coaches/grassroots people on twitter are arguing that the role should have been given to an Irish candidate, who were the leading Irish candidates? The only names I would have plucked from my limited knowledge would be Will Clarke, Alan Caffrey (who both recently took up seperate roles within LOI) and Brian Kerr (who is out of favour with FAI and out of the game a long time). Were there any other obvious ones I'm not thinking of? 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

I see one or two coaches/grassroots people on twitter are arguing that the role should have been given to an Irish candidate, who were the leading Irish candidates? The only names I would have plucked from my limited knowledge would be Will Clarke, Alan Caffrey (who both recently took up seperate roles within LOI) and Brian Kerr (who is out of favour with FAI and out of the game a long time). Were there any other obvious ones I'm not thinking of? 

Stephen McPhail maybe? But again hes currently in a position with Rovers.

Not Irish, but I thought Morling would have been the natural choice given his previous involvement in the FAI and underage setups and what he went to accomplish since he left. Seemed like a good fit, wonder what happened there, the media were saying was pretty done only a few weeks ago.

Edited by Bandwagon - 20 May 2022 at 6:29pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 8:50pm
FAI officially announced Canham's appointment, along with John Morling whose been appointed senior football consultant. Morling's role will involve:

Utilising his knowledge of football in Ireland and his expertise in nurturing young talent, John will report into Marc Canham and will provide support on young Irish player development in particular, in line with the FAI Strategy 2022-2025. John’s support role will also include contributing to the creation of a Football Development strategy, reviewing the structure of the League of Ireland and FAI competitions, the Women’s Football Development plan, a review of underage football for boys and girls, League of Ireland Academies and support to the FAI coaching and education teams.

Edited by J89 - 16 Jun 2022 at 8:51pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

FAI officially announced Canham's appointment, along with John Morling whose been appointed senior football consultant. Morling's role will involve:

Utilising his knowledge of football in Ireland and his expertise in nurturing young talent, John will report into Marc Canham and will provide support on young Irish player development in particular, in line with the FAI Strategy 2022-2025. John’s support role will also include contributing to the creation of a Football Development strategy, reviewing the structure of the League of Ireland and FAI competitions, the Women’s Football Development plan, a review of underage football for boys and girls, League of Ireland Academies and support to the FAI coaching and education teams.

This really seems like we are getting best of both worlds here?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic