You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Late Late Show Ireland Centenary Special 20/5/2022
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Late Late Show Ireland Centenary Special 20/5/2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

He is a train wreck.
I literally have no idea how he keeps his job or who thought it was a good idea he got his job i the first place. They should be fired too
He is really cringe and has so little rapport with guests.

his grandfather was todd andrews, one of the early dons at rte television and a blue blood fianna fáiler. nuff said.

Oh I know but still like. It is still hard to see anyone saying "jesus wouldn't that lad be perfect for TV talk shows"
Sponsored Links

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Tubridy ruining this. He's f**king awful. 

When he finished the interview with current players and management he says "Go forth and be brilliant, one and all." Who even talks like that? 

He asked Dara O'Shea two questions- a fairly thin one about his gaelic background that couldn't draw any insight really and a second one about what he makes of Stephen Kenny. So strange. 

Anyway, Bazunu is forty years of age. I still gleaned that. What a mature, solid and intelligent man. 

The line about being up in Dundalk and the locals raving about Kenny....

Dreadful that was too. Puke emoji...
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Tubridy ruining this. He's f**king awful. 

The thing I see with Tubridy is that he is tries way too hard.  He laughs at all his guests jokes in a sycophantic way.  Gay Byrne would sit there and almost have this demeanor where the guests had to impress him and had this sort of smirk and cynicism but would also laugh if warranted.

He isn't as natural as Gaybo or any legendary tv personalities.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 7:36pm

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

He is a train wreck.
I literally have no idea how he keeps his job or who thought it was a good idea he got his job i the first place. They should be fired too
He is really cringe and has so little rapport with guests.

his grandfather was todd andrews, one of the early dons at rte television and a blue blood fianna fáiler. nuff said.

Oh I know but still like. It is still hard to see anyone saying "jesus wouldn't that lad be perfect for TV talk shows"
with you on that. Bad enough with him getting the gig but to be still in it 15 odd years later is perplexing.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 7:55pm
When the conversation is always about the presenter, and not the content, you know you have a problem.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 9:53pm
Look Tubs has his talents but talking to sports people isn't his topic. Its not all his fault i don't think. There always seems to be too many guests on and it always seems rushed nowadays which does not help and wouldn't be his fault. Also the prople who book the guests cleary have zero imagination as its the same old faces trotted out every few weeks. He has his faults but its not all his own doing IMO.
I love beer gardens
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:17am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Look Tubs has his talents but talking to sports people isn't his topic. Its not all his fault i don't think. There always seems to be too many guests on and it always seems rushed nowadays which does not help and wouldn't be his fault. Also the prople who book the guests cleary have zero imagination as its the same old faces trotted out every few weeks. He has his faults but its not all his own doing IMO.

He really doesn't.

Hes a terrible 'interviewer' whoever it is he is interviewing. He just doesn't let people speak, hes forever talking over his guests. He asks a question lets them start to speak and then immediately interrupts with another question or tries to answer the question for them by finishing their sentences, more often than not getting what they were trying to say arseways.

A good interviewer does his home work on his guests and topics, asks the questions that want to be heard and should know when and when not to speak.

Its like a bad ref that just doesn't let a game flow, blowing up for anything anything and getting decision after decision wrong.

He should never be in the position he is earning that kind of cash, hes a semi decent radio presenter at best riding the RTE gravy train.

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 8:57am
He is the worst host of a show I have ever seen. He literally can't speak. 

He laughs when people are sick and then has empathy at a light moment. His timing is terrible and he's just an all round shocking person.

The only time I would leave him on is for the Toy Show and that says it all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic