You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Points total for our June Nations League games?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Points total for our June Nations League games?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: How many points will we get in our June Nations League games?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.57%]
1 [3.57%]
4 [14.29%]
14 [50.00%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [21.43%]
2 [7.14%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Points total for our June Nations League games?
    Posted: 02 May 2022 at 7:07pm
As the rearranged fixtures have benefitted us hugely (unfortunately due to the awful circumstances of the invasion of Ukraine), I think we've a far less unlikely shot at topping the group and could be in a very competitive position going into the last two games in September. 

Doherty is a huge loss mind assuming he'll be out for the June games but I think we've a good chance at picking up a win out of the two home games against Scotland & Ukraine. 

It would be far better for us if Ukraine won their semi-final against Scotland and had to play on the Sunday 5th against Wales as it would put us in a decent position to beat them at home three days later. 

If we've any designs on winning the group, we need to pick up at least one win out of Scotland/Ukraine at home and Ukraine away in Poland along with avoiding defeat to any of them.  

We've a very good chance of getting at least 8 points in these four games which would at least keep us in a decent position going into the last two games. 

Can't wait for the June games !!  Big smile
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 7:33pm
Need to win that Armenia game anyway for starters. After that 4 points from the other three games wouldn't be bad going. 5 from those 3 would be very good. Any less than 7 points form the four games would be disappointing though, given that our only proper away game is Armenia.

Just looking at the other groups, theyre very unbalanced, that Sweden Norway Serbia one is a nightmare group while, with Russia gone, another group is Iceland Israel Albania which looks very soft. One of those three will be promoted to League A now and none of them can be relegated as Russia have already been confirmed in last place.

Edited by You Tell Me - 02 May 2022 at 7:34pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 7:57pm
I wouldn't focus too much on our past record in the competition. the NL puts teams up against others of a similar standard and all our previous NL games were either during a period where we were in decline (the O'Neill campaign) or at rock bottom (the Kenny campaign). So, on the basis that we're hopefully at the beginning of at least something of an upward spiral, we should be hoping to win a few games this time. Given that one of our opponents here is a poor Armenia team (and who knows what state poor old Ukraine might turn up in), three wins across the whole group isn't an unrealistic expectation.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 7:59pm
Overall, I reckon we'll get 10 points and finish second.

Armena (A) - Draw.
Scotland (H) - Draw.
Ukraine (H) - Win.
Ukraine (A) - Draw.
Scotland (A) - Draw.
Armenia (H) - Win.

Edited by Maccatacca - 02 May 2022 at 8:00pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 1:39am
Yeah, I'm of the opinion we will be very hard to beat.
Our keeper and defensive setup are improving all the time and pair that with how better organised we are, and we should be looking to stay unbeaten.

Now I'd not be shocked if we didn't beat Armenia in that opening match as just predicted there as while we will be solid at the back, the last match showed what we lack against a team that will sit in and frustrate.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic