Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Football tactics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Football tactics
    Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 12:59pm
Two tactics in football I dont understand.

1.  Short Corners:
  The most pointless tactic in football and very irritating.   A corner is by definition a free opportunity to whip a ball into the box thus creating a goal scoring opportunity.  So when a player refuses that option and plays it short you are reducing the odds of getting the ball into the box!  I'd say nearly half the time a defender runs out to block it before he can.  Secondly if the player decides not to cross it but try to play through the defence the odds are very very low that this will be successful due to the amount of defenders back and complete lack of space to play along the ground.

Result of short corner:  Spurned opportunity and loss of possession and probably counter attack.

2.  Kick Outs:
    Why do all the players from both teams for kick outs bunch towards one side of the pitch near the touchline and the keeper kicks it frequently out for a throw in to the opposition?  Surely have a few players out wide ion the far side if doing this for a possible break and run in on goal?

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 3:25pm
How many goals are scored direct from whipping in corners ?

You’ll be surprised how low it is.

Foreigners cant understand how fans cheer in England when they win a corner.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2022 at 3:28pm
Its something like 3%

I read lately enough actually that short corners massively increase that 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 2:21pm
Here's a tactic I dont get.   Defender has the ball near the corner flag.  The defence is pinned in and under pressure.  Opposition player comes in with a crashing tackle and puts the ball out for a goal kick much to the loud applause of the fans.

What the f**k is that about??  Let him have the ball but keep him pinned in and let him make a mistake , give the ball away or put it out for a throw in to you.

Heres an example

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Here's a tactic I dont get.   Defender has the ball near the corner flag.  The defence is pinned in and under pressure.  Opposition player comes in with a crashing tackle and puts the ball out for a goal kick much to the loud applause of the fans.

What the f**k is that about??  Let him have the ball but keep him pinned in and let him make a mistake , give the ball away or put it out for a throw in to you.

Heres an example

Poot him unda bresha

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic