You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under 20 Squad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 7:31pm
Hill, Neville, Sotona and OkoFlex not ivolved and staying with their clubs...assume OF not gonna be with the 21's either so.

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/preview-ireland-u20s-vs-ireland-amateurs
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Hill, Neville, Sotona and OkoFlex not ivolved and staying with their clubs...assume OF not gonna be with the 21's either so.

I wonder is it a case of not being too bothered to turn up... okoflex hasn't played for us since u16s, he's had a more recent England cap than he has an ireland one.

Bingo.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I wonder is it a case of not being too bothered to turn up... okoflex hasn't played for us since u16s, he's had a more recent England cap than he has an ireland one.

Bingo.

I'd say its more of a case of clubs not releasing their players to play a meaningless game against a team of amateurs. They're not required to.

Edited by Bandwagon - 21 Mar 2022 at 7:52pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Bingo.

I'd say its more of a case of clubs not releasing their players to play a meaningless game against a team of amateurs. They're not required to.

That's definitely a glass half full way of looking at it. I doubt the lads are losing any sleep about not playing anyway.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 8:44pm

Okoflex played for our 21s last year in a friendly game against either Denmark or Switzerland.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Okoflex played for our 21s last year in a friendly game against either Denmark or Switzerland.

November was the first time he was involved with the U21 squad, he hasn't played for them yet though.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

November was the first time he was involved with the U21 squad, he hasn't played for them yet though.

Yep, he hasn't played yet for the 21's and the way it's looking, won't anytime soon.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 9:23pm

Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Yep, he hasn't played yet for the 21's and the way it's looking, won't anytime soon.

Apologies it was our 19s he played for vs Denmark in 2019.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 10:10am
A bit disappointed that Hill isnt joining up. I think it would have been his first time in an Ireland squad. He's very highly rated at Liverpool I believe.
Hopefully he is committed to us from now on.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 10:18am
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

A bit disappointed that Hill isnt joining up. I think it would have been his first time in an Ireland squad. He's very highly rated at Liverpool I believe.
Hopefully he is committed to us from now on.

He's sampling us.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 6:12pm
Hopefully Joe Hodge gets some good game time tonight and plays well. He's got to be pushing close to the U21 squad if he can get back fully fit and hits form again. Interested to see how Tom Cannon gets on upfront too, he's scoring plenty of goals underage for Everton.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Hopefully Joe Hodge gets some good game time tonight and plays well. He's got to be pushing close to the U21 squad if he can get back fully fit and hits form again. Interested to see how Tom Cannon gets on upfront too, he's scoring plenty of goals underage for Everton.

Any time I see a clip of him scoring it always seems to be a screamer.

Great name for a striker too, like a 1980's action hero.
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 7:40pm
Any news on the team, or links to score.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 7:46pm
Team sheet

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 8:27pm
good man jimmy carr
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 10:12pm
The amateurs won 1-0.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

The amateurs won 1-0.

Lol.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 11:06pm
Gerry Davis still involved with the amateur team. Must be involved with them for at least ten years if not more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic