You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Electric car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

dacia about to shake up the market with a relatively low cost dacia spring ev that could be in showrooms later this year but more than likely in 2023. its been on the market as left hand drive for the past 2 or so years and costs 15 to 20k on the continent after govt incentives are taken into account. the combined range in real life is about 180km between charges. 

i recently bought a 172 seat ateca but the next car in 5 or so years time will likely be electric when ev prices in general come down and the range improves a bit more.

jeez big family you have Cy2K
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

dacia about to shake up the market with a relatively low cost dacia spring ev that could be in showrooms later this year but more than likely in 2023. its been on the market as left hand drive for the past 2 or so years and costs 15 to 20k on the continent after govt incentives are taken into account. the combined range in real life is about 180km between charges. 

i recently bought a 172 seat ateca but the next car in 5 or so years time will likely be electric when ev prices in general come down and the range improves a bit more.

aye and one more on the way next month Big smile
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 3:47pm

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

aye and one more on the way next month Big smile

Many congrats though it may curtain football trips 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 3:58pm
Jesus 180km is a shocking small range if you do anything outside of city/town driving
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Jesus 180km is a shocking small range if you do anything outside of city/town driving

the average daily distance a person in ireland who drives a petrol car is 47.5km, 65.7km for diesel drivers. 

for the average person the cars range is more than enough to go about 3 days before having to plug it in, although a lot of people will probably top it up every evening.

Edited by colemanY2K - 21 Jul 2022 at 4:52pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:52pm
Yeah that's fair enough. I'd probably be a good bit above that average unfortunately on some days

Be great if it does make a dent in the market. Badly needed
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:59pm
Who wants to drive a Dacia though ? 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Quite a lot of people actually. It's the 5th best selling car brand in the country this year. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 9:23am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Not me anyway but I've always been into my cars and bikes. But I get why people have taken to Dacia, it might be made from parts that Renault used 10 years ago but to some people it represents a reliable new car under warranty. If it gives the same people an entry to EV's then it's welcome.

I will say though that the Dacia Logan is the most generic looking car ever made (like something from a GTA game!) and I've always wondered what kind of people buy them!
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 1:39pm
Plenty of people just want/need a car and couldn’t care less about the way it looks once it gets them from A to B and occasionally C and is affordable. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 3:14pm
Ah I was joking about Dacia. Took the duster on a test drive and it was a grand. Don't think I would drive one myself though.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic