0 [0.00%]
3 [6.98%]
25 [58.14%]
1 [2.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2021 Senior Mens Goal of the Season
    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 4:36pm

Ogbene for me. Quality team goal, lovely dinked finish.

Edited by Bandwagon - 31 Dec 2021 at 4:38pm
Sponsored Links

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 4:50pm
Robinson’s first against Azerbaijan. Good finish and an important goal after all the criticism he got at the start of that international window along with the criticism Kenny had come in for.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 4:54pm
Robinson v Azerbaijan for me also. It was a great early hit. 

Would have gone for the Knight/Ogbene one if Ogbene has knocked it across to McClean for the tap in, would have made it an even better goal.

Looking at the video I hadn't realised just how many of Robinson's goals during the autumn took deflections on the way in.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 5:40pm
If it hadn't been a friendly, Robinson's hat-trick goal vs Qatar would have been my pick. Ogbene's against Luxembourg gets the nod instead.

How refreshing is it to have had that many goals to choose from.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 7:00pm
Nice to have a choice this year, and only one header.

Bit surprised at the voting, I thought the Robinson V Azerbaijan goal was much better. The backheal for Ogbene's goal was lovely but nothing special about the rest of it IMO.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 7:05pm
Have we ever scored a goal after 38 passes? Have we ever even completed 38 passes beforeLOL for that reason + hendricks through ball and the finish robinson v quatar gets my vote
Shermanator1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 7:18pm
Considering the calibre of the opposition and the environment, John Egan's goal all day long.
Benhur View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 7:51pm
Parrott s goal was transforming for me.. up until that we couldnt win a match and I think those couple of games and Anthony Barry being involved too turned our year around 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 8:14pm
Ogbene against Luxembourg
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2021 at 8:50pm
Ogbene for Luxembourg.  Great team-goal. 

Knight such a mature player.  Beautiful assists for Ogbene and then Robinson vrs Luxembourg in situations when possibly most players would be selfish and take it on themselves. 

After watching that vid I'm feeling a lot better about 2022!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 12:25am
Magic stuff.
Knight assists the best things in these vids.  A class act.

As for the best goal, hate to pick the header for a corner but as said before, the stage was levels above that for the rest of the goals.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Shermanator1 Shermanator1 wrote:

Considering the calibre of the opposition and the environment, John Egan's goal all day long.

Spot-on. And is there a reason Browne's goal away to Serbia is not on the ballot sheet? A well-worked and well-taken goal against good opposition that broke the Kenny Drought. 

Edited by Mr Brick - 01 Jan 2022 at 1:44am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 10:09am
I think it was just that there were 20 senior goals to choose from this year so one or two decent goals had to be left out.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

If it hadn't been a friendly, Robinson's hat-trick goal vs Qatar would have been my pick. Ogbene's against Luxembourg gets the nod instead.

How refreshing is it to have had that many goals to choose from.

For 2020 wasn't there only 1 goal? Duffy header v Bulgaria. 
Good to have so many to choose from. 
The dark side.. And the light
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 2:03pm
Not that long ago we didn't have a goal of the year competition because we had no goals! 

Great to see the progression. 
It's not me it's you:-)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I think it was just that there were 20 senior goals to choose from this year so one or two decent goals had to be left out.
Or someone forgot. Andorra? Why not count training goals.  
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 3:16pm
Would have voted Brownes vs Serbia. Well worked goal, away from home vs the best team in the group.

But for some reason it wasn't included. Should have been in ahead of Robinsons 1st vs Qatar (a deflection, in a friendly)

From the list there, probably Egans.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic