You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192193194
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 44 minutes ago at 12:14pm
I am more waiting on eire tbh. Was very quick to tell me I was uneducated about the Russian Economy, so I simply asked for a link to educate myself.  I did in the meantime share 2 articles. Had a cup of coffee, got work done.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 38 minutes ago at 12:20pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

I am more waiting on eire tbh. Was very quick to tell me I was uneducated about the Russian Economy, so I simply asked for a link to educate myself.  I did in the meantime share 2 articles. Had a cup of coffee, got work done.

Sorry OohAah, that wasn’t directed at you to be fair.

It was directed at the clown.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 2 minutes ago at 12:56pm

Edited by OohAah... - 5 hours 1 minutes ago at 12:57pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 7 minutes ago at 3:51pm

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

thay may be the case but the notion thay America had zero influence in Ukraine pre invasion is wrong

And yet it doesn’t explain, or justify what has happened in the meantime. There is influence and there is influence. Russia wasn’t even meddling, it was exercising indirect control and went rogue when it lost that indirect control.

Im not justifying it. And Im glad you can accept the US had a certain influence. We wont biother quantifying influence. 
However it does all tie into the counter narrative that Ukraine even up to this point was a Free hit of a bet for the military complex in the States.
I do think their is a notion in the US of wiping Russias power off the map and they didnt expect Russia to be as resilient or aggressive in the face of US led might. So all they can do now is double down on the approach and make more arms and profit from them.

Here is the post. You say “we won’t bother quantifying influence”. Why so? Surely it is necessary to discuss degrees and levels of involvement?
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 4 minutes ago at 3:54pm

thay may be the case but the notion thay America had zero influence in Ukraine pre invasion is wrong

And yet it doesn’t explain, or justify what has happened in the meantime. There is influence and there is influence. Russia wasn’t even meddling, it was exercising indirect control and went rogue when it lost that indirect control.

Im not justifying it. And Im glad you can accept the US had a certain influence. We wont biother quantifying influence. 
However it does all tie into the counter narrative that Ukraine even up to this point was a Free hit of a bet for the military complex in the States.
I do think their is a notion in the US of wiping Russias power off the map and they didnt expect Russia to be as resilient or aggressive in the face of US led might. So all they can do now is double down on the approach and make more arms and profit from them.

Here is the post. You say “we won’t bother quantifying influence”. Why so? Surely it is necessary to discuss degrees and levels of involvement?
Thats fine I do rememeber it , and I just thought it was one of those pointless abstract elements which will just go around in circles. But I really wasnt trying to run away from it. If you want We can have a go off it
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 2 minutes ago at 3:56pm
Still waiting Eire. any resource to back up your claim that the russian economy is on a downard spiral?

and the oil wasnt about Greece, it was that it was about countries still buying Russian Oil
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 30 minutes ago at 4:28pm

Still waiting Eire. any resource to back up your claim that the russian economy is on a downard spiral?

and the oil wasnt about Greece, it was that it was about countries still buying Russian Oil
Inflation at nearly 8%, interest rates at 16%, value of their currency lower, using money from their wealth funds to cover the budget. Increased military spending which temporarily booms the economy. Foreign investors gone, foreign asset's confiscated. Shortage of labour to fill vacant jobs due to low immigration, working aged men dying or fighting in Ukraine or leaving the country. Aging population demographic which will be worse after the war. 

Oil and gas exports dropping. Lost their most valuable export market the EU Probably permanently. The list goes on.

But you read some headline that a country in a war economy has a growing GDP 😂

Prove me wrong. But again that would involve you needing an understanding of economics beyond GDP.
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 23 minutes ago at 4:35pm
f**k sake LOLLOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 20 minutes ago at 4:38pm

Thats fine I do rememeber it , and I just thought it was one of those pointless abstract elements which will just go around in circles. But I really wasnt trying to run away from it. If you want We can have a go off it

There is a world of difference between the type of control the Kremlin was exerting over Ukraine in 2013, and any level of US involvement. One was dictating foreign policy in default of the will of the public. This default caused mass protests, and Russia responded by trying to annex parts of Ukraine, as it no longer had indirect control of the incumbents of Ukrainian power. A few CIA intelligence agents (invited in on the back of
Russian invasion), and some comments by US politicians is a long way from what Russia was doing. And how Russia responded once the population ousted Yanukovich is telling about how little they respect democracy, or Ukrainian agency. 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 16 minutes ago at 4:42pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Inflation at nearly 8%, interest rates at 16%, value of their currency lower, using money from their wealth funds to cover the budget. Increased military spending which temporarily booms the economy. Foreign investors gone, foreign asset's confiscated. Shortage of labour to fill vacant jobs due to low immigration, working aged men dying or fighting in Ukraine or leaving the country. Aging population demographic which will be worse after the war. 

Oil and gas exports dropping. Lost their most valuable export market the EU Probably permanently. The list goes on.

But you read some headline that a country in a war economy has a growing GDP 😂

Prove me wrong. But again that would involve you needing an understanding of economics beyond GDP.

again I did ask for any sort of link for proof. Not Your opinion
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 13 minutes ago at 4:45pm

I dont know tbh.  I do think on the face of it US was trying to steer Ukraine Westwards. Many MSM articles on the subject. Less so mainstream articles on more nefarious activities by the CIA. But they are there. So to quantify interference, they were both at it, but the Russians couldve 

There is a world of difference between the type of control the Kremlin was exerting over Ukraine in 2013, and any level of US involvement. One was dictating foreign policy in default of the will of the public. This default caused mass protests, and Russia responded by trying to annex parts of Ukraine, as it no longer had indirect control of the incumbents of Ukrainian power. A few CIA intelligence agents (invited in on the back of
Russian invasion), and some comments by US politicians is a long way from what Russia was doing. And how Russia responded once the population ousted Yanukovich is telling about how little they respect democracy, or Ukrainian agency. 
I dont know tbh.  I do think on the face of it US was trying to steer Ukraine Westwards. Many MSM articles on the subject. Less so mainstream articles on more nefarious activities by the CIA. But they are there. So to quantify interference, they were both at it, but the Russians arguably were worse?

Just to add a bit of meat

Edited by OohAah... - 41 minutes ago at 5:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192193194
  Share Topic