You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone get Covid in Luxembourg?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by kenaneym kenaneym wrote:

to give some background on mine, I got back from Lux on Monday had symptoms Wednesday, tested Thursday and was positive PCR Friday, strangely I then on Sunday received a notification through the covid app that I was a close contact of someone who tested positive on Monday 15th Confused 

Which doesn’t make sense as that person would have had to test the day or two previous but I’d been in Luxembourg since the Friday and was at the Portugal game the Thursday

Perhaps I didn’t pick it up in Luxembourg and it had been In my system dormant until my immune system was low after all the booze then kicked in? 

Completely floored since symptoms started! 

What symptoms have you got?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

The hse have said all along Antigen tests are useless if you have symptoms yet people still use them. 

What are you on about? The antigen tests are great and work really well up North.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 3:50am
How many fans went to Luxembourg? I think the commentators said it was 1000
It would damage this forums' reputation
kenaneym View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenaneym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by kenaneym kenaneym wrote:

to give some background on mine, I got back from Lux on Monday had symptoms Wednesday, tested Thursday and was positive PCR Friday, strangely I then on Sunday received a notification through the covid app that I was a close contact of someone who tested positive on Monday 15th Confused 

Which doesn’t make sense as that person would have had to test the day or two previous but I’d been in Luxembourg since the Friday and was at the Portugal game the Thursday

Perhaps I didn’t pick it up in Luxembourg and it had been In my system dormant until my immune system was low after all the booze then kicked in? 

Completely floored since symptoms started! 

What symptoms have you got?

Almost all that they list, body aches, fever, temperature (which is gone now) chest is tight, had a cough for 2/3 days which is gone and no taste or smell which is a nightmare. Other than that just feel wasted and tired after doing every little thing. This is day 6 with symptoms so hoping they should clear soon
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 9:55am
Almost everyone I know that went to Lux ended up with some kind of cold, have had a head cold since early last week, had 2 negative antigen tests and a negative PCR test thankfully.
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Almost everyone I know that went to Lux ended up with some kind of cold, have had a head cold since early last week, had 2 negative antigen tests and a negative PCR test thankfully.
Our Crew are all OK, bar one who fell broke 2 ribs and punctured a lung. Came home in Air Ambulance last Friday.
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 3:41pm
Just reported the entire away end as close contacts to the HSE LOL
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

How many fans went to Luxembourg? I think the commentators said it was 1000

FAI were given 1000k tickets yeah.
But met a few people that were living over there that were going to the match, and some some were coming over to meet their friends and it was a coincidence that there was a match on, so they made a weekend of it, so they got home end tickets.
But there wasn't any barriers so it seems like you could have just walked around the stadium into the away end.
The dark side.. And the light
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Our Crew are all OK, bar one who fell broke 2 ribs and punctured a lung. Came home in Air Ambulance last Friday.
There was a chap mentioned by rte commentary during the game and they wished him well after his accident the night before. Possibly the same fella, can't remember the name they gave. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 23 Nov 2021 at 6:06pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 8:18pm

That's awful, hope he's on the mend.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 9:29am

Feck, hope he's OK!
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:47am
Yeh, Daragh Moloney give him a shout out. He’s on the mend, Thank God.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 1:22pm

Who was it Steve if you don't mind me asking? 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

A lad Eddie - don’t think you know him Tom.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 10:28pm

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

A lad Eddie - don’t think you know him Tom.

Speedy recovery to him
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Linzark View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 3:20pm
LOL
Linzark
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic