Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
75 [86.21%]
2 [2.30%]
10 [11.49%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

July 

Unsurprising answer from a Rovers fan. 
Devils advocate - if we have poor results next June, then what ? 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:16pm
Brian Kerr devastated by the result.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:18pm

July 

Should we just give managers monthly contracts. Not a chance you'd be saying July if this wasn't Kenny. Take your green and white hooped specs off
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Yep deserves it and maybe things are starting to fall into place 

Will the FAI go with glamour friendlies in Dublin March 2022. France, Spain or England would draw a big crowd 

I hope we play two sh*te teams. Pad the record out and potentially head into the NL campaign with just 1 loss in our last 11 games.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:19pm

July 

He gets the next campaign until either we qualify (and beyond) or until it becomes clear that we're not going to (that would be at some point during the actual group stages).

You either commit to him for the next campaign or you don't- I think it's clear now that we're going to commit.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:19pm

Will the FAI go with glamour friendlies in Dublin March 2022. France, Spain or England would draw a big crowd 
imagine it will be 1 away and 1 home in March so it’ll be a big crowd whoever we play. Mini season ticket for March / June games should sell well if they want to go down that road. We should play the best teams available.

Edited by Dalymount79 - 14 Nov 2021 at 10:20pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

imagine it will be 1 away and 1 home in March so it’ll be a big crowd whoever we play. Mini season ticket for March / June games should sell well if they want to go down that road. We should play the next teams available.

Season tickets are going yearly. So it'll cover all the games  next year
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:21pm

July 

We have a couple of poor results, that’s what. What’s your point caller?
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Well winning 3-0 away from home is hard to argue with .

I would rather wait until July and see how we are after the NL games as no rush really as no game until March .

LOL.

You're like a flat earther who's dug themselves so far in they just can't stop.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 11:16pm
Of course they should. Let him develop the system, let the team with Andrews, Barry and Kiely continue to work with the long list of young and new players who are now mainstays in the team. There is a clear evolution and it would be nice to see it to its conclusion.

Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Yes - happy enough to go with a two year contract. These decisions need to be made now, not after four games of the NL campaign, which is basically part of the Euros qualifiers.

It has been far from perfect and it wasn't tonight either, but there's more sense at this point to sticking with the current setup where we are seeing progress and hoping the mistakes are cut out rather than taking the risk of starting over again.

Qualification for the next Euros is obviously the target on which any further extension would be based, He has had more or less a free shot for over a year so decisions must be results based from here - I don't think that's unreasonable.

Agree with all that.  We weren’t brilliant tonight but the will to win was impressive and it looks like a good camp. He Has made a few dodgy substitutions but Knight for Idah was spot on.  Let him have a crack at the Euros.  
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Well winning 3-0 away from home is hard to argue with .

I would rather wait until July and see how we are after the NL games as no rush really as no game until March .

You've answered the question with the title of the threadWacko 

Kenny should be given a 2 year contract

It would damage this forums' reputation
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:15am

Yes - happy enough to go with a two year contract. These decisions need to be made now, not after four games of the NL campaign, which is basically part of the Euros qualifiers.

It has been far from perfect and it wasn't tonight either, but there's more sense at this point to sticking with the current setup where we are seeing progress and hoping the mistakes are cut out rather than taking the risk of starting over again.

Qualification for the next Euros is obviously the target on which any further extension would be based, He has had more or less a free shot for over a year so decisions must be results based from here - I don't think that's unreasonable.
"I don't think that is unreasonable"...to a Kenny fanatical supporter that translates as "I fu*king hate Kenny, sack him now"! LOL But I think its clear at this stage, there is no level of failure that would prompt
the Kennyites to call for a change of manager. SK has done enough to merit a contract extension, the last 4 matches have seen a big improvement on the dross that went before. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:37am
Sad ****s still calling Ireland supporters Kenny fanatics Confused
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:44am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

And right on cue, here they come...LOL

Edited by You Tell Me - 15 Nov 2021 at 9:44am
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:44am

Well, one characteristic you fanatics have in common is struggling to string a few words together without inserting f**k or c**t into the sentence. Says it all really.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 9:50am

And right on cue, here they come...LOL
Here who come? What are you on about?

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 3:57am
Nonsense thread. All international managers should only be given 2 year contracts.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic