You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tickets for Portugal tie 11th Nov

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282930
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

Originally posted by Ecumenical Matter Ecumenical Matter wrote:

There are probably no more that 15k Irish fans as a core who will support the team, come what may.  Most of these will have STs.   There will always some more that cherrypick big games, some who want to be entertained, others who want to see their club heroes in the flesh. A big factor this time is that there has been nothing to go to for 18 months and we are desperate for a day out.  Expect a lot of kids at this.  
I didn't get a season ticket last time because I wasn't sure I'd be physically around for all of them because of work, but still managed to go to all the games bought on my FAI ticketmaster account. I have had a season ticket for years before then. Been to all 3 matches since COVID too and it all counted for nothing this time around and I was left fend with the general sale. Should be some sort of loyalty system that isn't just "did you buy the last season ticket?

Kind of annoying really and killed my interest in this game.

If anything I think more should have been done for the ST holders.  Maybe allow extras rather than a public sale.  

The reality is and has been for years if you go to the majority of games it makes financial sense to have a season ticket.  Not to mind the fact that it is guaranteed access to all home games.  

Agreed, ST holders should have had first shout before general sale. 
They did didn't they? They had a presale
Sponsored Links

rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

STs are a lot more attractive if you are Dublin based. If I was Dublin based I would have STs for me and all my kids. Different ball game when based in Cork and looking at a 3h drive home at 10pm (with a stop probably needed also) after an evening kick off. Not viable to do that more than once or twice a year.

Plenty coming from further than Cork, who don't have the benefit of a motorway the whole way. The family season ticket was 330 in 2019, which works out at 16 euros each per game, before you count WNT, U21s and FAI cup.
If you don't want to drive, there's a bus that goes every 2 hours from the quays straight to the centre of Dublin.

But it's the taking kids out of school on top etc. But good points made by those who point out the family ticket price. Probably worth it for two games at that price. But these things are no brainers if in the Pale

Edited by rebelbrowser - 30 Oct 2021 at 7:31pm
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 8:14pm
my young lad hates getting out of school early for games taking them out at 12 doesn’t count towards the 21 days before been reported.
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 7:26am
Not related to this thread but thinking of the next euros, is it possible that we can be drawn in the same qualifying group as england for euro 2024?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

Not related to this thread but thinking of the next euros, is it possible that we can be drawn in the same qualifying group as england for euro 2024?

Yep 
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 8:49am
when is the draw?
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

when is the draw?

9th October, 2022. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

my young lad hates getting out of school early for games taking them out at 12 doesn’t count towards the 21 days before been reported.

Your young lad hates been taken out of school really.  

I remember back in the 80s games were often afternoon kick offs on a Wednesday and we made a good few from west of Ireland 5 hour trip to Dublin and another 5 hours coming back.  

Got to see Ireland beat Spain as a result and made Charltons first game when 13,000 were there.  Didn’t give a sh*t about missing school 😀😀. Had to stand up in front of the class on what it was like to go to an Ireland game.  Th teacher disagreed with my man of the match (Moran) and when I diagareed back he kick me out of class and send me to the head brother 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:30am
Not really about Portugal but a really positive aspect of the crowds at the recent games is the number of kids.  Hopefully they will get the lifelong bug that people on this site share and appreciate that years of failure go into making major finals really special.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 9:36am
Being in Dublin we didn't really have to get off early for school. I think only one time when we played N.Ireland (1-1 draw, Dowie for them and Quinn for us when the net broke) and it must have been brought forward to an early time for safety reasons. But I can remember being absolutely chuffed with my not to get off early and leave after lunch
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 10:52pm
Saw someone on toutless looking for a swap '2 Tickets to Ireland vs Argentina in the Rugby for 2 tickets to the Portugal match' Id be very very surprised if that's works out for him/her 

Duff's_left_peg View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duff's_left_peg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 1:53pm
Slightly off topic, but are many planning to jet off to Luxembourg next weekend after we give the Portuguese a thumping? 
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Duff's_left_peg Duff's_left_peg wrote:

Slightly off topic, but are many planning to jet off to Luxembourg next weekend after we give the Portuguese a thumping?

Me and 2 more. Out Saturday morning back Monday night 

Edited by tapfit2004 - 04 Nov 2021 at 2:12pm
Let Christy Take It.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Duff's_left_peg Duff's_left_peg wrote:

There's an entire thread devoted to this topic!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282930
  Share Topic