You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Scales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Should still be dropped for Nawrocki in the view of the Celtic supporters brain trust though.
He gets a lot of criticism from Celtic YouTube community. Personally I think it's undeserved and a lot has to do with the fact that Ange didn't rate home and this has impacted on how he is being judged. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2024 at 9:01pm

Should still be dropped for Nawrocki in the view of the Celtic supporters brain trust though.

If Scales was Swedish he’d be a superstar. Not fashionable enough unfortunately Celtic twitter weekly just type Scales in and you will still get “Scales not good enough” plastered. 

In an ideal world he’d use this breakout season to manufacture a move to a “top 5” League team while his stock is high. Not a hope though and you can be sure once Celtic sign some fancy f**ker from the Israeli or Japanese League he will be “dropped” again.

I will give Celtic football club credit mind. Idah and Scales have benefited under Rodgers. Issue is the academy is a non entity. 

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Apr 2024 at 9:04pm
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

If Scales was Swedish he’d be a superstar. Not fashionable enough unfortunately Celtic twitter weekly just type Scales in and you will still get “Scales not good enough” plastered. 

In an ideal world he’d use this breakout season to manufacture a move to a “top 5” League team while his stock is high. Not a hope though and you can be sure once Celtic sign some fancy f**ker from the Israeli or Japanese League he will be “dropped” again.

I will give Celtic football club credit mind. Idah and Scales have benefited under Rodgers. Issue is the academy is a non entity. 

Tell me you didn’t see the game Saturday without telling me (or many of his recent performances, for that matter). He’s a decent, brave lad with no passing ability and he dilly-dallies on the ball far too much. He’s done reasonably well overall, and had a good first-half of the season, but if Celtic want to improve next season, then, Scales will be replaced by a superior player, simple as that, and he’ll become a back-up option. 

Edited by Fitz - 21 Apr 2024 at 10:03pm
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 9:32pm

You do know there’s a specific thread in this forum for green-huns like yourself, don’t you, Plato? 

Edited by Fitz - 21 Apr 2024 at 10:08pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

You do know there’s a specific thread in this forum for green-huns like yourself, don’t you, Plato? 

Green huns LOL I'm far more concerned with Ireland than you are you Glasgow worshipping loser Embarrassed No one seems to hate real Irish people more than Celthick fans like yourself, turning on your best player this year in favour of a lad who's been a bombscare whenever he's player, he's got a cool Polish name though!!

Edited by The O'Shea - 21 Apr 2024 at 11:17pm
We're decent enough..
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2024 at 11:41pm
I was surprised at how poor Scales was against Aberdeen.

Let his man go for the two headed goals yesterday.  Those two headed Aberdeen goals would be unacceptable at Sunday league level.

If being really critical, he could arguably have been better for the first in blocking the pass and more clearly communicating he was passing his man on.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 1:10am

Green huns LOL I'm far more concerned with Ireland than you are you Glasgow worshipping loser Embarrassed No one seems to hate real Irish people more than Celthick fans like yourself, turning on your best player this year in favour of a lad who's been a bombscare whenever he's player, he's got a cool Polish name though!!

Imagine being so f**king paranoid that you truly believe that Celtic fans ‘don’t like’ Scales - or critique him harshly - simply because he’s Irish? ConfusedLOL You really believe that I don’t want to see my fellow Irishman do well at the club I support?🤔 
I mean, I know you’re a clown with some tragically-childish agenda, but this beats all. The only “loser” here is an individual who’s so insecure about his own opinions and the players he loves (every single Irish player out there, seemingly) that he cannot bear to hear one word of criticism against himself or them, even when it’s warranted. Embarrassing.

Edited by Fitz - 22 Apr 2024 at 5:07am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 2:44am

Imagine being so f**king stupid and paranoid that you truly believe that Celtic fans ‘don’t like’ Scales - or critique him harshly - simply because he’s Irish? ConfusedLOL You really believe that I don’t want to see my fellow Irishman do well at the club I support?🤔 
I mean, I know you’re a f**king clown with some tragically-childish agenda, but this beats all. The only “loser” here is an individual who’s so insecure about the players he loves (every single Irish player out there, seemingly) that he cannot bear to hear one word of criticism against them, even when it’s warranted. Embarrassing.

Why call him a green hun if he loves Ireland so much.  Bizarre logic.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 2:46am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

As I’m sure you’re well aware it’s a tongue-in-cheek term for an Irish person who’s anti-Celtic. It has zero to with the Irish team.

And there’s certainly “bizarre logic” on display in this thread, but apparently you missed it. 

Edited by Fitz - 22 Apr 2024 at 5:39am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 2:56am

As I’m sure you’re well aware it means an Irish person who’s anti-Celtic - it’s pretty obvious. It has zero to with the Irish team.

And there’s certainly “bizarre logic” on display in this thread, but apparently you missed it. 

OShea is passionate about Irish players and is a little sensitive to any criticism of any of the players and is quick to defend them from sometimes valid criticism.  I don’t think that means he is a hun though.  It is ok for an Irish person to not support Celtic and indeed not to particularly like elements of the Celtic fanbase.  It doesn’t mean they are any less Irish or are a hun. I think OShea is overly sensitive in his defence of young Irish players but I think a similar accusation could be made at you in your defence of Celtic and it’s supporters. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 3:08am

As I’m sure you’re well aware it means an Irish person who’s anti-Celtic - it’s pretty obvious. It has zero to with the Irish team.

OShea is passionate about Irish players and is a little sensitive to any criticism of any of the players and is quick to defend them from sometimes valid criticism.  I don’t think that means he is a hun though.  It is ok for an Irish person to not support Celtic and indeed not to particularly like elements of the Celtic fanbase.  It doesn’t mean they are any less Irish or are a hun. I think OShea is overly sensitive in his defence of young Irish players but I think a similar accusation could be made at you in your defence of Celtic and it’s supporters. 

I don’t give a sh*t if he hates Celtic, I just have a very low tolerance for bullsh*t and spoofing. But hate them he does, for whatever daft reason, thus he’s unable to be objective where they’re concerned (his belief that all Irish players are infallible doesn’t help either). When we haven’t objectivity, we can’t provide accuracy. His rating of Scales is unrealistic; his claims that Celtic fans all want him dumped in favour of Nawrocki are simply inaccurate; and his assertion that Celtic fans “hate real Irish people“ is as bizarre as it is delusional. This is a guy whose sources re:Celtic are YBIG, twitter and 5 minute highlight reels - I dare say that those of us who’ve followed the club week in, week out for decades know a little bit more, tbf. 

And why the f**k would any Irishman want to see one of our own footballers doing badly at a club they support? That is a ludicrous suggestion (moreover at a club where many of the supporters are Irish or are part of the Irish diaspora). Absolute f**king nonsense.

Edited by Fitz - 22 Apr 2024 at 3:25am
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2024 at 3:35pm
Ive seen a nice bit of Scales both in LOI and Celtic. I do see a very committed, talented player that wears his heart on the sleeve. And as much as he does a lot of things very well, you can see small elements of his game that he might get away with at SPFL level, but that he might not at a higher level. A good player but I cant seen his ceiling being being too much higher. Would be happy to be proved wrong in the future, time will tell I guess. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 45 minutes ago at 3:45pm

Tell me you didn’t see the game Saturday without telling me (or many of his recent performances, for that matter). He’s a decent, brave lad with no passing ability and he dilly-dallies on the ball far too much. He’s done reasonably well overall, and had a good first-half of the season, but if Celtic want to improve next season, then, Scales will be replaced by a superior player, simple as that, and he’ll become a back-up option. 

I see the game. He wasn’t great. Football doesn’t start or end beyond the most recent game footballers will have bad games. Scales been very good and more than up to it in 95% of them. 

Edited by kevin100 - 9 hours 44 minutes ago at 3:46pm
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 37 minutes ago at 3:53pm

I see the game. He wasn’t great. Football doesn’t start or end beyond the most recent game footballers will have bad games. Scales been very good and more than up to it in 95% of them. 

First half of the season, yes. Since the winter break much less so, especially in recent games. 

Your talk of him not being “fashionable enough” is bollox though. Absolute rubbish. As for Swedish superstars, Carl Starfelt was more solid than Scales but still got panned for being a bombscare on the ball. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
  Share Topic