5 [62.50%]
1 [12.50%]
2 [25.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 10:35pm
Sponsored Links

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Great game, Belgium were definitely carrying a few injuries. Their backline is very old. Italy looked great. Solid at the back, proper type of tie-taka in midfield and enough goals up front. Home Spinasola makes it back, love watching him. I'd like to see Italy make the final now, they'll be the best chance of stopping England

Some of the Belgian's playing were like some world 11 charity match where lads come out of retirement! Nacer Chadli for 2 minutes before going off injured. How old is Vermealan? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Great game, Belgium were definitely carrying a few injuries. Their backline is very old. Italy looked great. Solid at the back, proper type of tie-taka in midfield and enough goals up front. Home Spinasola makes it back, love watching him. I'd like to see Italy make the final now, they'll be the best chance of stopping England

Some of the Belgian's playing were like some world 11 charity match where lads come out of retirement! Nacer Chadli for 2 minutes before going off injured. How old is Vermealan? 

35 and playing in the J League 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 7:51am
Jorghino and Verratti were a pleasure to watch in centre mid last night.

Going to the game on Tuesday. Hope Italy win as they play a beautiful brand of football and are now the only ones who can stop England imo.

BTW the sh*thousery in the last 15 minutes....its what makes champions ClapClapClap
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Chiellini is 37 next month! And bonucci is the younger CB at 34.
I’m surprised Emerson is the 2nd best Italian left back… he doesn’t play much for Chelsea. 

Hopefully Italy go all the way now. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 11:19am
Belgium just looked exhausted yesterday and the Italians were very, very powerful. Interesting to see the age of the Belgian team, in particular the lads who have been central to the rise of the team between 2013 and now. I think this undoubtedly draws a line under this Belgian generation's ability to win a major tournament.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Belgium just looked exhausted yesterday and the Italians were very, very powerful. Interesting to see the age of the Belgian team, in particular the lads who have been central to the rise of the team between 2013 and now. I think this undoubtedly draws a line under this Belgian generation's ability to win a major tournament.

I know the World Cup is only 16 months away but I this team is past it’s peak.

A few years ago they had an excellent spine to the team 

Courtois 
Alderweireld & Kompany
E Hazzard and KDB
Lukaku 

Besides KDB and Lukaku that spine has either retired or not at their best anymore. 

That 1/4 defeat to Wales in 2016 was the golden opportunity to get to a final. 

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Courtois 
Alderweireld & Kompany
E Hazzard and KDB
Lukaku 

Besides KDB and Lukaku that spine has either retired or not at their best anymore. 

2018 WC was a missed opportunity too IMO
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 12:18pm

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Courtois 
Alderweireld & Kompany
E Hazzard and KDB
Lukaku 

In 2018 they got to the 1/2 Final and were beaten by the eventual winners who also had a great squad. It was a good WC for them.

In 2016 they lost to a poor team they should have beat.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 12:28pm

In fairness, they met a strong French team, and fell short in a tight game. Coming 3rd at a World Cup is an incredible achievement in itself. It certainly is the one that stands out for the generation, over and above the relative disappointments at the Euros in 2016 and 2021.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 12:37pm
KDB saying he played with a tear in his ankle ligaments 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 2:50pm

Only 35 surprised at that. Surely Belgium have some decent young defenders? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 3:59pm
Excellent match.

Italy our hope to stop it coming home.

Spinazolla (?) big loss.

Italy love being underdogs and will relish playing England at Wembley in the Final.

Hope they dont get anymore injuries or suspensions.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2021 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Jorghino and Verratti were a pleasure to watch in centre mid last night.

Going to the game on Tuesday. Hope Italy win as they play a beautiful brand of football and are now the only ones who can stop England imo.

BTW the sh*thousery in the last 15 minutes....its what makes champions ClapClapClap

Hmmmm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic