You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any solicitors on here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

If your NCT is out of date do they tell you? - I can't recall if they do or not.

No it’s up to you not the NCT. They seem to send out reminders to some but not all Confused

I’d show up in court for that Citizen. 
Reason I asked about NCT I thought you might have got the extra 4 months but your car wasn’t due it 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 9:27am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

If your NCT is out of date do they tell you? - I can't recall if they do or not.

No it’s up to you not the NCT. They seem to send out reminders to some but not all Confused

I’d show up in court for that Citizen. 
Reason I asked about NCT I thought you might have got the extra 4 months but your car wasn’t due it 

So this was my point. If you don't get a reminder from the NCT, this will give you some leverage as you over looked it and because the Garda in question brought it to your attention, you actioned it and are now fully compliant.

The judge should let this slide.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 1:40pm
i was in court this morning re this, garda showed up, they called me and the judge seen i had some paperwork and asked for me to go outside and go through it with the garda. I had a print out of the nct booking the next day, and also my NCT cert completed two weeks after the offence. The garda went back in and they withdrew the case. I tried to contact the garda on at least 5 occasions by phone, email, to expalin this after i got the summons, and i even appealed it with the evidence, and that was rejected. There was an old lady there who was up for shop lifting 35 euro worth of food from aldi, and an old pensioner up for robbing a bag of screws from b & q. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

i was in court this morning re this, garda showed up, they called me and the judge seen i had some paperwork and asked for me to go outside and go through it with the garda. I had a print out of the nct booking the next day, and also my NCT cert completed two weeks after the offence. The garda went back in and they withdrew the case. I tried to contact the garda on at least 5 occasions by phone, email, to expalin this after i got the summons, and i even appealed it with the evidence, and that was rejected. There was an old lady there who was up for shop lifting 35 euro worth of food from aldi, and an old pensioner up for robbing a bag of screws from b & q. 
Ridiculous from the guard in question, I knew it’d be struck off. sh*t like this clogging up valuable court time 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 2:26pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Not being smart did you bring the Cert to the Garda station ? 
no, I assumed they just check the system to see if I completed the test.

I had the same attitude when they told me to bring my licence in to the barracks as a teenager. Didn't and ended up getting banned. If I had followed instructions, I probably wouldn't have lost my licence.

At the time I was raging, but I'm bigger and uglier enough to know it was my own fault and I should've just done what they told me to.

I'm assuming you're not a teenager. 
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Not being smart did you bring the Cert to the Garda station ? 
no, I assumed they just check the system to see if I completed the test.

I had the same attitude when they told me to bring my licence in to the barracks as a teenager. Didn't and ended up getting banned. If I had followed instructions, I probably wouldn't have lost my licence.

At the time I was raging, but I'm bigger and uglier enough to know it was my own fault and I should've just done what they told me to.

I'm assuming you're not a teenager. 

You got banned from driving for not bringing your license to the station, ok ….Confused,  I assumed wrong, not sure why they couldn’t check the nct database before wasting state money and time. But lesson learned. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 4:29pm
What's the world coming to when you can't steal from b&q in your old age without the risk of arrest.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic