Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 454647
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Regardless of the reason for Trent-Doherty's absence on this occasion, I'm sure NI have offered him senior caps.

He is in precisely the same position Conor Bradley and Shea Charles were in when first called up to their senior squad - academy player at a CL club. 

Using this policy, Michael O'Neill has slowly rejuvenated his squad to a much higher level than even two years ago. 

Kone-Doherty would be a switch up in policy even conpared to Bradley and Charles, he's well behind where they were when they were capped. I can't see him going anywhere, Derry men generally aren't for turning.

That's simply not true regarding Bradley and Shea Charles.

Bradley made his debut for NI senior team at 17 years old in May 2021, while still playing youth league and PL2 football for Liverpool.  So basically an identical situation to Kone-Doherty now.   

Shea Charles, same situation.  He was called up to the NI senior squad in May 2022 and made his senior debut a few days later, while playing youth and PL2 for Man City.  He would not make a senior club appearance for over a year. 

You can be sure NI have dangled the carrot of a senior cap.  

Kone-Doherty plays almost exclusively for Liverpool under 18's, so yes, it "simply is true".

No, once again, O'Shea, I'm afraid you're spoofing.  

Just like Conor Bradley in the season he was picked for NI Seniors, TKD played for both the u18s and the PL2 team at Liverpool.  

In 2024, TKD has firmly switched to the PL2 team - he has played in all bar one of Liverpool's PL2 matches, whereas TKD played only 2 U18 games, and these were at the start of the year.   TKD has a small number more U18 games at the start of the season (7), but the differences are minor.   

If anything, the development of TKD to date and Bradley's at the same age has been uncannily similar. 

Incidentally, Conor Bradley's two most recent matches before making his Senior Debut for NI on 20 May 2021 were for Liverpool U18s in cup matches against Ipswich U18 (12 May 2021) and Villa U18 (24 May 2021). 

So, yes, on previous form, you can expect TKD has been fielding calls from the IFA senior set-up.  

It's kind of a waste of my time explaining this in such detail, but if it serves the purpose of pointing out the number of times you disagree just for the sake of it (and as a result clog up the threads with nonsense), it might do the forum a service. 

The season Bradley got his first senior cap, he played 14 times in the PL2, twice in the EFL Cup, and racked up just 170 minutes at under 18 level. He was an an established PL2 player.

The season Charles got his first senior cap, he played 23 times in the PL2, 5 times in the Uefa Youth League, twice in the EFL trophy, and only 500 minutes at under 18 level. He was also an established PL2 player.

This season, Kone-Doherty has played 520 minutes at PL2 level compared to 800 minutes at under-18. He has just 10 PL2 appearances ever. He is NOT an established PL2 player, he is predominantly an U-18 player as of yet.

I'm not sure why you have such a bee in your bonnet at this, I wasn't attacking you, I wasn't having a go, I was simply pointing out that calling up TKD would mark a departure even for NI in terms of prematurity. For whatever reason, you've treated that as a grave insult against yourself - whatever Clap
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 7:18pm
Nope, so pedantic, but you're still spoofing O'Shea.  

You're using Bradley's figures for the full season til nearly June 20/21 - which are 14 PL2 games.

We're only in March, and TKD has already played in the last 9 out of 11 games at PL2 level.

In fact, if anything, at this rate, TKD is likely to play even more PL2 games than Bradley did by June. 

Also, it's factually incorrect to say that Bradley only played 170 min at U18 level.  He played over three times that - 618 (450 in the cup and 168 in the league).

Both playing in the same club, for the same teams, at the same age, with comparable minutes and break-throughs.  

If you don't think Michael O'Neill has had a word (or at least tried to), you're dreaming. 

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 7:37pm

Nope, so pedantic, but you're still spoofing O'Shea.  

You're using Bradley's figures for the full season til nearly June 20/21 - which are 14 PL2 games.

We're only in March, and TKD has already played in the last 9 out of 11 games at PL2 level.

In fact, if anything, at this rate, TKD is likely to play even more PL2 games than Bradley did by June. 

Also, it's factually incorrect to say that Bradley only played 170 min at U18 level.  He played over three times that - 618 (450 in the cup and 168 in the league).

Both playing in the same club, for the same teams, at the same age, with comparable minutes and break-throughs.  

If you don't think Michael O'Neill has had a word (or at least tried to), you're dreaming. 

You're being blinded by something other than what was posted...Embarrassed

Go back and read what was originally posted, I never said MON has never "had a word", all I said was -
1. It would represent a departure for NI to call him up, as it would be even more premature than the others you listed.
2. I don't believe TKD himself would switch even if he was asked literally.

Literally no slight on yourself whatsoever or denigration of what you've said, but because you've an axe to grind you've went ballistic. As I said earlier, good luck to you, I'll be ignoring you from here on in Thumbs Up

Edited by The O'Shea - 22 Mar 2024 at 7:39pm
We're decent enough..
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 2:51pm
Great solo goal from Umeh in the 2nd friendly vs Slovakia last week.

1 hour 18min into that video.

Finished 1-3 to Ireland. Killian Cailloce & Sean Patton scored the other 2 goals.

Slovakia won the 1st game 1-0.

Umeh & Akachukwu look too big for the age group. Umeh will be over age for the next campaign anyway, but we might see Akachukwu move up sooner rather than later, especially if the U21s loose a couple of CMs to the seniors.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 454647
  Share Topic