You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potential memory issues question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potential memory issues question
    Posted: 16 May 2021 at 1:32am
Lads wondering if anyone can relate to any of this. 

There's often been times lately where I do silly things where I had obviously completely zoned out from my brain. 
One common thing is putting things in the wrong place. Like wrapping up meat in cling fling to keep it fresh but instead of putting it in fridge , I put it in the drawer. Then the missus finds it a few days later after it has started to smell! Lots of examples of things in the wrong press or shelf (I do most of the cleaning up of kitchen).

Another example is when people talk about the past. People remember things so vividly and recount stories that included me. I tend to remember snippets but a lot of stuff I'm saying "how do you remember that"? There are often things I can't remember at all and I know I was a boozehound but some of the stuff is from school and I wasn't drinking.

Another area and it came to get me tonight big time is numbers. I've co fused pin codes at times but in the last week I couldn't remember my wife's phone number which I  normally know by heart but more embarrassing I completely drew a blank tonight when the curry shop asked me for my phone number. I was there for a minute trying to remember but it wouldn't come to me, I was getting the digits but all muddled and I had to apologise and give her me ma's home phone number which was the only one I could think of! And I wasn't drinking.

Either I am overworked or more worrying I'm already starting to lose me mind!

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 1:44am
When I started reading that, it sounded like you are just distracted with other things or have a lot of work on.

It then sounds just like age. School memories aren't going to be as vivid as times go on and sometimes people's memories of an event are more vivid because if meant more to them at the time.

I wouldn't be too worried, but have a chat with your GP anyway. Won't be any harm!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 8:41am
Have a chat with your GP. It's unlikely to be anything serious. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 9:11am
Trust me getting older really is where these problems get more and more .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Trust me getting older really is where these problems get more and more .

That would explain many of your posts alright. 
AKA pedantic kunt
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Excatly. My wife was worried about me about a year ago cos I was apparently forgetting things too (I probably wasn’t listening) so to pacify her I went to me GP. He did a test that lasted about ten minutes with various questions (can’t even remember them now which is probably not the best thing to say 😂🤦‍♂️) but whatever they were, I scored well and the doctor told me I’ve nothing to worry about. 

So just go to your GP with your concerns. I’m sure you’re grand. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Excatly. My wife was worried about me about a year ago cos I was apparently forgetting things too (I probably wasn’t listening) so to pacify her I went to me GP. He did a test that lasted about ten minutes with various questions (can’t even remember them now which is probably not the best thing to say 😂🤦‍♂️) but whatever they were, I scored well and the doctor told me I’ve nothing to worry about. 

Good to see you’ve remembered to post on here again.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 1:22pm
What age are you?
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Good to see you’ve remembered to post on here again.

Thanks Sham 👍 ah look one gets out of habits and whatnot, I’ll do me best to return more often. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic