You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greenways

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greenways
    Posted: 07 May 2021 at 2:07pm
As it says Greenways here in Ireland any good, bad or otherwise .
Was out in and around Mulranny in Mayo last year and was on the Mulranny to Achill and the Newport to Westport , i did think the Mulranny one was very good but the Newport / Westport had too many hills .

Anything others i should do or look at ?

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 2:20pm
yeah bad form with their hills LOLLOL ffs sake. 
AKA pedantic kunt
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 2:29pm
I have done that one in Mayo and the one in Waterford.

One in Waterford definitely flatter but not as a scenic. Much prefered the Mayo one got a lovely day for it. Started pissing rain doing the Waterford one but genuinely thought the Mayo one was very good. 

Workhouse in KilmacThomas was nice enough stooped at some little cafe on the Mayo one but as I said far preferred the Mayo one
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

I have done that one in Mayo and the one in Waterford.

One in Waterford definitely flatter but not as a scenic. Much prefered the Mayo one got a lovely day for it. Started pissing rain doing the Waterford one but genuinely thought the Mayo one was very good. 

Workhouse in KilmacThomas was nice enough stooped at some little cafe on the Mayo one but as I said far preferred the Mayo one

Done both of them and I enjoyed them both.  Hills are part of the fun.  Hopefully the one in Clare gets going soon too.  

Waterford one is lovely coming into Dungarvan and a few pints there after is the business.  
AKA pedantic kunt
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 2:49pm
Part of the Waterford is boring. Kilmac part only 10 minutes from myself. Favourite part is Durrow, were you go under the old train tunnel and then overlook Clonea beach.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 7:48pm
We are heading to Dungarvan in August and plan to do that one , will give the one from Athlone to Mullingar a go but only do sections of it i think if we park up in Moate and go to Althone and back the same the other way to Castletown i think it is .
Got a few more ideas but love to hear what other people think as only starting off really as we got our own bikes last week .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

We are heading to Dungarvan in August and plan to do that one , will give the one from Athlone to Mullingar a go but only do sections of it i think if we park up in Moate and go to Althone and back the same the other way to Castletown i think it is .
Got a few more ideas but love to hear what other people think as only starting off really as we got our own bikes last week .

stabilisers on or off ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Part of the Waterford is boring. Kilmac part only 10 minutes from myself. Favourite part is Durrow, were you go under the old train tunnel and then overlook Clonea beach.

Yeah really nice around there....Not a while lot to see in the rest but nice and relaxing to hire bikes and take the journey at your leisure
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

stabilisers on or off ?
Nahhh didn't take the stabilsers as they were an extra €125 each . Goodness the price of bikes these days Pinch
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 2:30pm

stabilisers on or off ?
Nahhh didn't take the stabilsers as they were an extra €125 each . Goodness the price of bikes these days Pinch

You should give the scientist a call.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

stabilisers on or off ?

You should give the scientist a call.  
As a mate of mine said in Sydney " i have bought cheaper cars " he has a point .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 9:02am
always got a whiff of partridge from you Murph and hornet also.  

Not sure what it is.  
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic