You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Champions League Final Manchester City v Chelsea
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League Final Manchester City v Chelsea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

He had two strikers sitting on the bench.

Should Pep be sacked so ?

If he were at Chelsea or Madrid he’d be sacked !!

One isn't good enough and one is done/unfit/out of shape. They got to the final by playing no strikers.

No, he shouldn't be sacked, do you think he should?
No but Im not a crazy egotistical billionaire owner
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 10:45am
City's aren't really big for sacking managers, only had 3 since the takeover 13 years ago

Can't really see them ever sacking Pep, in a way he's almost bigger than the club. And that's before you start to look at the success he's brought. 
Two trophies this season but it feels disappointing
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

He had lost to Chelsea twice already, I assumed Pep's team selection was based on changing the losing system. They had one or two chances in the first half that nearly came off if one of them had of gone in then it could have been different. 

One thing is for sure when they sign Kane, that's not a final they will be losing again like that.

If you look at the lineups in those games pep was resting players.
In the league game he played Aguero and Jesus and had a different formation. 

In the FA cup game Chelsea played their first XI but City rested a few players. 

I don’t know why Pep changed the line up for their biggest game of the season. It would have been predictable but when you have a winning formula why change that. 
Maybe the pressure got to the players but it was probably one of City worst performances all season. 

Chelsea were brilliant and losing the FA cup probably helped them as they were determined not to lose. 

City need to get a striker. Jesus is a good back up but that’s all.

Was reading a post on another forum at the weekend that I agreed with and had thought on Saturday night. 
In a way City have too many players. Its alright chopping and changing a few to give players a rest, but I think Pep has too many to try to keep happy, and therefore you get inept performances such as the defeats to Chelsea in the league and FA cup, and the league defeat to Leeds for example, when you make a few changes. 

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 12:12pm
Having the bigger squad has allowed City win the league cup the last 4 years. 
I don’t think City have a bloated squad - it’s not like they have top players not even making the bench. 
Players have huge ego’s anyway so it’s important to have a likeable manager like Pep, Klopp, Poch etc 

City are just missing a top Center forward. They should just call up Danny and ask him how much. Write the cheque and forget about it. 
They should do it before the World Cup as if he has a good one that will add another 10m to the price. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 2:54pm
Patrice Evra's reaction to the result 

LOLLOLLOL

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Patrice Evra's reaction to the result 

LOLLOLLOL

It's been a rough few years for United seeing their two biggest rivals win the Premier league so many times recently. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:21pm
Saw a lovely video yesterday of the Chelsea fans celebrating in Portugal. 
Trashed tables. check
chanting sh*te. check
abusing the waiter. check.
punching the waiter by a scumbag. check
cue hilarity and laughter by all around. check 

SCUM FC
It would damage this forums' reputation
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:47pm
I'm sure that video is an old one.

Doesn't take away that they are scum though.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:15pm
Yeah it was from 2012 that video 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah it was from 2012 that video 

Embarrassed Embarrassed
It would damage this forums' reputation
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 10:59pm
that super cup final is confirmed for Belfast now 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 11:14pm
Wonder will Franko be heading up to Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Park for this Big smile
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic