Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General league of Ireland chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 555657
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 5:53pm
Bohs and Shels should have shared. Simple solution. One shiny new stadium for both. Bollix to emotion. A few weeks into it and Tolka would have been forgotten. Spend the next decade doing patchwork to Tolka which is a kip now in reality. Rattling buckets for change. Spare a few bob for Tolka upgrade missus? When will Shels or Bohs be in such a position again? Should have took it IMO.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 6:36pm
What ever happened to the large debts associated with shelbourne? Who lost out?

My understanding was they raised cash secured by the original lease on tolka?

If they forfeited the lease and the council paid some of these debts, it would seem insane to sell it back to them on what are very favourable terms?

Edited by Saint Tom - 05 Mar 2024 at 6:38pm
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Shels capacity is somewhere around 4,700 and the sides of the river side stand are empty. If they had the money, could they add seats there to expand capacity or is there another reason they couldn’t do it?

Open to correction here but i think they have the money to put the rest of the seats back into the Riverside but are prohibited in dong so by the H&S mob due to fire concerns?

That's the stand behind the goal. I think it's a combination of the roof needing repairs and it didn't have the necessary certs when it was built and when that was discovered it was closed. 

Plan for Tolka is to expand the Riverside on both sides by putting terracing there (due to happen this season), which will add a lot more capacity there. Then to get the stand behind the goal done up and certified which will add more to the capacity. I'm not sure on the timeline on the latter, but Shels have submitted plans to DCC to have all refurbishments completed by the end of 2026 I think 
That’s great to hear, should bring capacity up to 7k or so? 
Would the restrictions have anything to do with the riverside being open? Seems crazy the riverside has to empty through the new stand, I can’t imagine H&S being too enamored with that 

Not sure I follow - which restrictions and where did you hear the Riverside empties through the new stand? 

First season back in the prem & with the new stand closed I saw a good amount of Riverside fans filter out through the new stand. Maybe that was just on the night for whatever reason but it meant we were held back even longer in the away end. 
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 7:24pm

Shels capacity is somewhere around 4,700 and the sides of the river side stand are empty. If they had the money, could they add seats there to expand capacity or is there another reason they couldn’t do it?

Open to correction here but i think they have the money to put the rest of the seats back into the Riverside but are prohibited in dong so by the H&S mob due to fire concerns?

That's the stand behind the goal. I think it's a combination of the roof needing repairs and it didn't have the necessary certs when it was built and when that was discovered it was closed. 

Plan for Tolka is to expand the Riverside on both sides by putting terracing there (due to happen this season), which will add a lot more capacity there. Then to get the stand behind the goal done up and certified which will add more to the capacity. I'm not sure on the timeline on the latter, but Shels have submitted plans to DCC to have all refurbishments completed by the end of 2026 I think 
Would the restrictions have anything to do with the riverside being open? Seems crazy the riverside has to empty through the new stand, I can’t imagine H&S being too enamored with that 

Not sure I follow - which restrictions and where did you hear the Riverside empties through the new stand? 

First season back in the prem & with the new stand closed I saw a good amount of Riverside fans filter out through the new stand. Maybe that was just on the night for whatever reason but it meant we were held back even longer in the away end. 

But how do you filter out through it? There is nothing behind it? Maybe you mean they walk on front of it which from the away end might not be easy to see.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 7:29pm

But how do you filter out through it? There is nothing behind it? Maybe you mean they walk on front of it which from the away end might not be easy to see.
They were going up into the stand over the tunnel and back out it was taking an age LOL
By the replies it was obviously a one off so doesn’t matter 

Edited by 9fingers - 05 Mar 2024 at 7:30pm
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 8:50pm

They were going up into the stand over the tunnel and back out it was taking an age LOL
By the replies it was obviously a one off so doesn’t matter 

Ah - when the tunnel is pulled out you can’t get past but that should only be a few minutes. Not ideal, you’re right.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2024 at 9:52pm
Duffers bandwagon keeps on rolling. Cho Cho
I love beer gardens
Rolling boh View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolling boh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 9:26am
Early days I know but the Premier div looks incredibly  tight and no whipping boys at the moment ,mad to see Dundalk struggling when you think where they were a few years ago .I would still expect Shams to come out on top  but the bottom few places look very hard to call .
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 10:35am
I was very disappointed with Shams last night. I thought they looked very one dimensional. Always looking to clip in behind. It worked in the end mind as it was a ball over the left back's head that opened them up. Galway seemed most likely to score in the few mins leading to the goal. Rovers showed their experience then. Absolutely killed the game off. Big 3 points for them
Great atmosphere last night too I thought and a perfect night for a match. Up to sligo tonight. 0-0 written all over it.

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 11:53am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I was very disappointed with Shams last night. I thought they looked very one dimensional. Always looking to clip in behind. It worked in the end mind as it was a ball over the left back's head that opened them up. Galway seemed most likely to score in the few mins leading to the goal. Rovers showed their experience then. Absolutely killed the game off. Big 3 points for them
Great atmosphere last night too I thought and a perfect night for a match. Up to sligo tonight. 0-0 written all over it.

They have been that way all season so far. Need to get Byrne back defo. Gaffney looks past it for me. How many times was Burke back in his own half even on the end of his own box looking for the ball? No place for him to be. Great move for the goal to win the game. Maybe if they get Kenny scoring more goals it would help. They need to splash out on a decent striker bigtime. Reckon Rovers will beat Drogheda tonight. Have to be winning these games at home.
I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 10:31pm
Good win tonight over the Drogs. Clap movin on up
I love beer gardens
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2024 at 9:52am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

After seeing ye in pre season I'd thought ye would struggle so fair Play👏
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2024 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Most Rovers fans feared the worst too. Relegation or play off spot. Getting Mata back on loan was huge. Mid table would be ok. If we can somehow challenge for Europe it would be a great season. 
I love beer gardens
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 9:47am

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Most Rovers fans feared the worst too. Relegation or play off spot. Getting Mata back on loan was huge. Mid table would be ok. If we can somehow challenge for Europe it would be a great season. 

As well as getting McGinty back too. He has saved our bacon several times in near every match sofar this season IMO.
He has been man of the match for me in most of our matches. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 10:02am

Good win but I thought ye were very poor second half before the 3rd goal. Which was quality Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2024 at 8:48pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 555657
  Share Topic