You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxembourg away, 14th November 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 505152
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

I hope this idea of f**king plastic pint glasses and beer onto the pitch when players score becomes a tradition - Morons!!

**DOESN'T!!!!
Exactly it's great that the players celebrated the first two goals with the fans, but imagine playing out the rest of the game covered in stale beer !! If I was a player I'd be avoiding that situation.

Really not a fan of beer being allowed into the stands. Plenty of time for drinking before and after. 

Had to laugh at the lads picking up the empties for the deposits though, heard of lads walking out with a nice few quid at €2 a pop. 
Hang on they were offering rewards for the plastic cups coming back? 

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 12:17pm
€2 a cup, made for some free pints after the game, seen others getting a fair bit of cash
rossconnolly96 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossconnolly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 12:49pm
Got cracked with one on the top of my head after the third goal got a nice cut from it covered in blood, someone threw it from behind.
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Was great to be back. 
Thought it was a nice enough city, but there's not too much going on so I wouldn't be in a rush to go back. 
We met a local couple on Friday that suggested Urban, but on our way there discovered a club that was open till 3. Was lively enough too. 
Bus back to the city was good after the game too

Direct Ryanair flight home yesterday evening a lad took ill. Stewards were giving him CPR in the aisle and even had the defibrillator out as a precaution but thankfully he woke up eventually. Hopefully he's alright now. 

I want to know the lyrics to the Paul McShane (You're so Vein) song. Some laugh at that!!

As for the poor chap on the plane I couldn't really see what was going on but it looked like he may be having some sort of fit. Hope he's ok anyway. He was sitting up on the seat anyway ok but looked fasirly shook by it

That chap that took the fit was sitting behind me....it didn’t look good at one stage,never seen a person turn that grey/white colour before so quickly after passing out.fair play to the lad(think he was a nurse)who looked after him...hope the lads ok.

Wow we were sitting beside each otherLOL Thankfully the lad was sitting up but he was fair white looking
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:45pm

What a tune, flashbacks after the game on the bus

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

When you walked into the Ireland team,
Nobody gave you a chance, 
Your hair is outrageous 
And you should have been on the plane to France. 

You had 6 years in the Premier League 
And 4 of those with Hull
Then in New York you nearly scored against the Spanish 
Scored against the spanish

Oh Paul McShane

After the game on the bus back into the city �£
I bet you think this song is about you
Paul McShane... Paul McShaaaane
I bet you think this song is about you... Don't you don't youuu

Lyrics Mr Z Kelly....Music by Charlie McGettigan and Paul Harrington

Edited by lukesmyth9 - 17 Nov 2021 at 1:48pm
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

When you walked into the Ireland team,
Nobody gave you a chance, 
Your hair is outrageous 
And you should have been on the plane to France. 

You had 6 years in the Premier League 
And 4 of those with Hull
Then in New York you nearly scored against the Spanish 
Scored against the spanish

Oh Paul McShane
I bet you think this song is about you
Paul McShane... Paul McShaaaane
I bet you think this song is about you... Don't you don't youuu

Lyrics Mr Z Kelly....Music by Charlie McGettigan and Paul Harrington

Clap

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Good trip topped off with the result. Nice enough city but a bit boring. Great noise in the away end. A few very drunk fellas, don't know how a couple of them didn't break their necks after going arse over tit on those steep steps in the stadium. Great to be back on the road again.

I was one of them I very seldom have more than 3 or 4 pints Matchday but something changed this trip maybe because it's been so long since my last on Georgia/Switzerland 2019. Remember very nothing of the game embarrassingly had plenty of pints in the ground something I'd never consider on Sunday and was given out about drink being served at the Portugal game something I don't agree with the Hypocrisy. Anyway it was a very good trip considering thought it be like Geneva in terms of liveliness. I do remember a taxi costing 50quid back into the city after the game though. On a side note for me it's probably the most Impressive stadium I've ever been in model for the league here but probably in Dreamland.

Edited by irelandfan - 17 Nov 2021 at 6:58pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Good trip topped off with the result. Nice enough city but a bit boring. Great noise in the away end. A few very drunk fellas, don't know how a couple of them didn't break their necks after going arse over tit on those steep steps in the stadium. Great to be back on the road again.

I was one of them I very seldom have more than 3 or 4 pints Matchday but something changed this trip maybe because it's been so long since my last on Georgia/Switzerland 2019. Remember very nothing of the game embarrassingly had plenty of pints in the ground something I'd never consider on Sunday and was given out about drink being served at the Portugal game something I don't agree with the Hypocrisy. Anyway it was a very good trip considering thought it be like Geneva in terms of liveliness. I do remember a taxi costing 50quid back into the city after the game though. On a side note for me it's probably the most Impressive stadium I've ever been in model for the league here but probably in Dreamland.
You will see metro North before you see a stadium like that in the league of Ireland.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 7:51pm

Glad to hear it...I was a disgrace too. Very embarrassed...let loose from the kids for first time in a long time etc. but there's no real excuse. Starting at 5.30am was probably unwiseCry

Apologies to anyone I fell on. Fortunately, took myself home at half time as I thought the game was over...was quite confused hearing all the cheering from the stadium as I waited for the bus Ermm

<insert witty comment>
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

Glad to hear it...I was a disgrace too. Very embarrassed...let loose from the kids for first time in a long time etc. but there's no real excuse. Starting at 5.30am was probably unwiseCry

Apologies to anyone I fell on. Fortunately, took myself home at half time as I thought the game was over...was quite confused hearing all the cheering from the stadium as I waited for the bus Ermm

So that's what happened to you? LOL

I know I got fed up with the lad on my left who was absolutely hammered, waiting for him to fall into me and send me flying so I moved to the back row for the 2nd half so I could actually watch the game. When the game finished, I was looking down to the same spot we had started the game at but you were nowhere to be seen. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:00pm
I was in some Texas bar near Pyg on Saturday. Saw one or two from the forum. One in particular was "helping" himself to some complimentary Chupa Chups. Guinness was fantastic for the continent but the price was not. Strange group of lads singing songs about Adam Johnson too. Had a look at the Shamrock place but wasn't sold on it so ended up back at the hotel. Decent night
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

Often been pissed drunk and not remembering nights out including a lot of the Saturday but never been on a level to leave a game at half time thinking it’s over! BrilliantLOLLOL
conor View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:20pm
anyone on the saturday train from brussels to luxembourg that got cancelled for lads blaring wolfe tones LOLLOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

I was in some Texas bar near Pyg on Saturday. Saw one or two from the forum. One in particular was "helping" himself to some complimentary Chupa Chups. Guinness was fantastic for the continent but the price was not. Strange group of lads singing songs about Adam Johnson too. Had a look at the Shamrock place but wasn't sold on it so ended up back at the hotel. Decent night

Maybe not bobs ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

€2 a cup, made for some free pints after the game, seen others getting a fair bit of cash
Hiw did you beat newrydep to them
AKA pedantic kunt
kieranh View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kieranh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Originally posted by lukesmyth9 lukesmyth9 wrote:

Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Originally posted by lukesmyth9 lukesmyth9 wrote:

Anybody know who that photographer from bohs was and where can we see the photos

Was that the bald chap going around in the Away end? Wouldnt mind having goo at those pics!!LOL

Yeah that was him haha

Yeah hopefully someone knows who he is and if he has them up anywhere!!

Anyone have any update on this, would be great to see some of the photos cause I know he took one of us
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 505152
  Share Topic