You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 46 minutes ago at 11:23am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

If he misses this season he misses it. He’s a fair body of work done this year. 

What would be a negative is if he misses out on pre season next year or it puts him out the shop window for a transfer to a top level League if Southampton don’t go up. 

bazunu has had a poor season. he wont be getting a move to a top league this summer imo. if southampton dont go up i could see them replacing him next year as no1
Sponsored Links

cwh2018 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwh2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 10 minutes ago at 12:59pm
I just don't see Bazunu being a premier league goalie in the long-term, he is not good enough at the most basic task for a goalkeeper that is stopping shots. 

I have come around to Kelleher being the better long term prospect.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 1 minutes ago at 1:08pm
Bazunu has played every minute of every game this season until last night.  So the idea that Southampton are looking to get rid of him is nonsense. 
AKA pedantic kunt
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 40 minutes ago at 1:29pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Why would Russell who he vigorously defended earlier in the year suddenly want to sell his goal keeper? makes no sense.

Southampton are a selling club. If they get an offer they feel is worthwhile they'll sell. Doubt they will get an offer though.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 41 minutes ago at 2:28pm
The idea that a 22 year old goalkeeper who has been an ever present in a Championship side in the mix for automatic promotion, and who kept had 11 clean sheets (8th best in the division) has had a "bad" season, is just nuts. Is there a bigger set of knuckle-dragging supporters in the world than Ireland fans?

Every player that comes through for us is derided as sh*t even when they're demonstrably streets ahead of most of their peers; we don't think it's possible to get a manager who will take a greater interest in the national set up beyond showing up for a few games a year, instead preferring to go for "old heads" who'll "get the lads riled up for a game" etc etc.

We're like the working class voting for the Tories, constantly choosing the option that harms us because their soundbites are nice and easy to understand.

Edited by The O'Shea - 16 hours 40 minutes ago at 2:29pm
We're decent enough..
Godzilla View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 hours 33 minutes ago at 2:36pm
I see Southampton decided to actually defend and not give up chances to the opposition last night.

Preston had 1 shot and an xG of just 0.07 overall.

Adding insult to injury. They're usually open and give up multiple chances.

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 9 minutes ago at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

I see Southampton decided to actually defend and not give up chances to the opposition last night.

You just know Bazunu would get the credit for that if he was on the pitch, like he did for several games where Southampton kept clean sheets by literally limiting the opposition to zero or one shots on target.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 9 minutes ago at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

In a weird way some of that is down to Baz. We f**k around with it a lot at the back with gav in goals and it invites pressure. . McCarthy isn't a footballer so there was no dallying around at the back for the sake of it which probably suited the team more. Not writing him off by any stretch and I'd expect and hope he's our first choice next season but he really hasn't been great
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105
  Share Topic