Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 40 minutes ago at 10:53am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Effectively gone for the whole of next season you'd imagine as they'll surely buy a new keeper now so not guaranteed his place once back.

Not really though, the timing of the injury is probably the only good thing about it. With the summer months to recover, if all goes well he could be fit to play by mid January 2025. That would give him a good chunk of next season to get games under his belt, either at Southampton or on loan.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 39 minutes ago at 10:54am
That's a devastating injury, hopefully the recovery goes smoothly for him 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 38 minutes ago at 10:55am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Effectively gone for the whole of next season you'd imagine as they'll surely buy a new keeper now so not guaranteed his place once back.

Not really though, the timing of the injury is probably the only good thing about it. With the summer months to recover, if all goes well he could be fit to play by mid January 2025. That would give him a good chunk of next season to get games under his belt, either at Southampton or on loan.

I think it's more the fact that Southampton will get someone new in and Bazunu won't come straight back into the team. Terrible timing for him, advantage Kelleher for our no. 1 spot
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 37 minutes ago at 10:56am
It's become paramount that Caoimhin Kelleher takes some decisive action and pushes for a move this summer. I hear Santo still maintains an interest. Hopefully Forest come back in early in the summer window.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
Godzilla View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 29 minutes ago at 11:04am
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

It's become paramount that Caoimhin Kelleher takes some decisive action and pushes for a move this summer. I hear Santo still maintains an interest. Hopefully Forest come back in early in the summer window.

*Santos

Caoimhín will be living the life in Brazil. First there was Pelé, then Neymar, and soon... Kelleher.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 28 minutes ago at 11:05am

I hope so too but arguably this takes pressure off CK needing to move....
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 16 minutes ago at 11:17am

That would be Nottingham Forest who could be relegated and have changed 3 goalkeepers already this season. A chaotic mess. 

Of all the routes he could take off the back to this season if he ends up there il give up. 

Edited by kevin100 - 3 hours 15 minutes ago at 11:18am
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 53 minutes ago at 12:40pm
Awful news for Baz. As someone else mentioned, Southampton will have to go and get a new number 1 given the length of his injury. 

There's a good chance he might not play a competitive game of football again until September next year. That's a full year and a half away 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 40 minutes ago at 12:53pm
He's quite young to rupture his achilles which is worrying. Also, to do it in a pre-match warm up..
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 38 minutes ago at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

He's quite young to rupture his achilles which is worrying. Also, to do it in a pre-match warm up..

Yeah crazy injury in a warm up. Poor fella, terrible timing for Southampton too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106
  Share Topic