You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 57 minutes ago at 10:15am
That explains why Down are so sh*te

Anyone know why they're bottom of the table?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 53 minutes ago at 10:19am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

That explains why Down are so sh*te

Anyone know why they're bottom of the table?
Some counties got absolutely screwed by the GAA. Downs population 500k and Antrim 650k. Yet neither got funding any close to proportionate to Dublin. But then again nobody did. Just look at Cork. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 47 minutes ago at 1:25pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Great result for Louth u20s last night going to parnell park and beating Dublin by 4 points to reach the leinster u20 final

The should really cut the funding for Louth and give other teams a chance.
If anything Louth are an example that you can grow your teams with just the funding you are getting. The funding argument is an easy go to for the counties that are under performing but it not the only thing that needs improving imo (picture below is 2023 funding)

Probably shouldn't look too much into this theory until Louth beat Dublin at senior level. Could happen this year you never know 😂

The argument with dublins funding has been that they can use it to employ extra coaches etc at school and club level so this should see their underage teams continuing to dominate at underage levels but this doesn't seem to be the example 

As I've mentioned multiple times before, in my own junior club we employed a GDO for a few years. It was matched funding so we had to raise half and the county board/GAA contributed the other half. Every club was at it to keep up. Was this scheme not offered nationwide?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 37 minutes ago at 5:35pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Great result for Louth u20s last night going to parnell park and beating Dublin by 4 points to reach the leinster u20 final

The should really cut the funding for Louth and give other teams a chance.
If anything Louth are an example that you can grow your teams with just the funding you are getting. The funding argument is an easy go to for the counties that are under performing but it not the only thing that needs improving imo (picture below is 2023 funding)

Probably shouldn't look too much into this theory until Louth beat Dublin at senior level. Could happen this year you never know 😂

The argument with dublins funding has been that they can use it to employ extra coaches etc at school and club level so this should see their underage teams continuing to dominate at underage levels but this doesn't seem to be the example 

As I've mentioned multiple times before, in my own junior club we employed a GDO for a few years. It was matched funding so we had to raise half and the county board/GAA contributed the other half. Every club was at it to keep up. Was this scheme not offered nationwide?

Wouldn't have a clue if was offered nationwide or not know my club a junior club here in Donegal and didn't have anything like that in place but definitely wouldn't use my club as an example of what was happening in the whole county we been lucky to field senior teams in the last 10 years 😱
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 54 minutes ago at 8:18pm
Fair play ro tg4 for their continued support of the underage competitions they are showing 3 games live tonight via their YouTube channels 

When sky pulled out I'd hoped they would get some of the coverage of the senior championship but it went to gaago instead 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113
  Share Topic