You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ring of kerry challenge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ring of kerry challenge
    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 6:23pm
I have signed up to complete the ring of kerry challenge this November. It will see me covering the 200km challenge over the 30 days of the month. 

During it I'm hoping to raise some money for my local youth club which has had to cancelled all its planned activities since March because of covid19. If anyone would like to donate to the cause can do so on the link below 

Edited by ringerbell - 27 Oct 2020 at 6:41pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 6:32pm
Does brian McFadden know 
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Does brian McFadden know 
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 8:10pm
Fair play. Walking it I assume yeah? Is that a virtual thing?
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah its a virtual thing through the conqueror virtual challenges. The plan is to walk it my fitness levels aren't great at the minute 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 8:45am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Yeah its a virtual thing through the conqueror virtual challenges. The plan is to walk it my fitness levels aren't great at the minute 

which has got nothing whatsoever to do building a home bar with not 1 but 2 draught beer supplies! LOL
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

which has got nothing whatsoever to do building a home bar with not 1 but 2 draught beer supplies! LOL

My fitness levels were sh*te before the home bar appeared LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 4:46pm
Fair play lad, best of luck with it!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 12:28pm

The challenge has started for me folks Sunday was a waste of a day with all the sport on so started proper yesterday doing just under 10km throughout the day including a wet 6.5km walk before starting work

Cheers to anyone thats donated already really appreciate the support if anyone else would like to do so can do using the link in opening post

Edited by ringerbell - 03 Nov 2020 at 12:29pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 12:09pm
A week into the challenge and I have 52.1km completed so just another 147.9km to go over the next 3 weeks. I'm now challenging myself to get it completed earlier than 30 days as I'm confident of hitting the 200km mark by end of the month 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 10:49am
Into my final week of the challenge and have 79km left to complete. Go fund me still open if anyone would like to donate 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 8:50pm
And thats the challenge over been a good way to get me out of the house each day and as I'd a set deadline couldn't use bad weather etc as an excuse to not do it 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic