You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most over rated player in world football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Welcome Tony Martial and Declan Rice.

Rice is a strange one. At times he looks a quality player, but then there's lots of other times where he looks bang average. Doesn't seem to be much consistency to his game at all.
I'm a WH fan and would disagree. The lad's an absolute superstar in the making. He's just turned 22 last month so still developing, but really has come on leaps and bounds. He started off as a breaker up in midfield, and to me is the best in the league at that already. In the past year he's gone from a "break it up and backpass" to a proper ball player and shooter in the past year. 

Again, he's only 22 so he's not prime Keane/Viera yet, but I reckon he walks into any team in the league right now (possibly not City) in a position that every team needs right now.

I was very surprised Chelsea/United didn't buy him last summer.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 11:21am

Rice is a strange one. At times he looks a quality player, but then there's lots of other times where he looks bang average. Doesn't seem to be much consistency to his game at all.

In fairness I don’t watch every game of West Ham but from the 5/6 I’ve seen of them this season he hasn’t impressed me at all.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I'm a WH fan and would disagree. The lad's an absolute superstar in the making. He's just turned 22 last month so still developing, but really has come on leaps and bounds. He started off as a breaker up in midfield, and to me is the best in the league at that already. In the past year he's gone from a "break it up and backpass" to a proper ball player and shooter in the past year. 

Again, he's only 22 so he's not prime Keane/Viera yet, but I reckon he walks into any team in the league right now (possibly not City) in a position that every team needs right now.

I was very surprised Chelsea/United didn't buy him last summer.

Proper ball player and shooter? He hasn’t scored this season, must be lethal in training.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:37pm
Hope United go nowhere near Rice. 

I'm sure there better alternatives from other leagues anyway if United were to sign someone in that position.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 5:01pm
This month's Four Four Two Magazine has a big splash of Heung Min Son on the cover, with the legend:
"He's already a demigod in Korea — now the whole world wants a piece of Asia's greatest ever player,"

'Demigod' I can accept - and not just Korea, but N17 as well LOL, but even I wondered about 'Asia's greatest ever'

Yet I can't think of who else is ahead of him. 

He's certainly top of ESPN's list from 2015:

Then again, Park Ji-sung is 4th in that list... LOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

This month's Four Four Two Magazine has a big splash of Heung Min Son on the cover, with the legend:
"He's already a demigod in Korea — now the whole world wants a piece of Asia's greatest ever player,"

'Demigod' I can accept - and not just Korea, but N17 as well LOL, but even I wondered about 'Asia's greatest ever'

Didn't think the Tuam folk would take to him much. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 4:19pm
James Rodriguez

Lived off one good world cup his whole career
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

James Rodriguez

Disagree. When fit this season he has been excellent for Everton, he had one really brilliant season at Bayern Munich but injuries have been his downfall! The ability is clearly there.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 10:24pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

James Rodriguez

Disagree. When fit this season he has been excellent for Everton, he had one really brilliant season at Bayern Munich but injuries have been his downfall! The ability is clearly there.

Agreed with BrendanD88 James is a fantastic player when fit. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

What's funny about that? Fantastic player. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 1:15pm
The supposedly over rated Oliver Giroud became the oldest French goalscorer last night also moved to within 3 goals of Henry as their top goalscorer.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

The supposedly over rated Oliver Giroud became the oldest French goalscorer last night also moved to within 3 goals of Henry as their top goalscorer.

Giroud has always been ridiculously underrated
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Giroud has always been ridiculously underrated

I agree 100%

Another poster on this thread had called him over-rated (can't remember who with looking back)

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 8:16am
I’m pretty sure that was me and I stand by it! When you break down his goalscoring in the major tournaments you will see why I feel that way!

Didn’t score a single goal when they won the World Cup and don’t remember him making any impact in previous World Cups and European Championships.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 10:36am
Joao Felix is over rated 

Also Rhys James. Good player but been built up far too much. Heard during the week that it’s arguably the best right back in the world up against Vinicius Jnr, what’s that based on?

Did they not learnt their lesson with Trent 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
  Share Topic