Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time for some Leadership from this forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 9:15pm
I am willing to be that leader and run this place with an iron fist.  I would make Putin look liberal in comparison.  Offenders would be sent into a new forum subdivision created by me featuring only the most boring posters on ybig to interact with and only be allowed post in the kiddies pool forum of YBIG and would have to have a dunces hat as a profile photo.  Only after having done 5 years or 10,000 posts in the kiddies pool forum would they be considered to return to the main forum.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 10:28pm
Has the criticism been that harsh? Some people have shared views and certain reservations but apart from a handful of posters no one is really saying he is not up to the job already after 2 games.
It's healthy to have a bit of a debate, attack their points not the posters (unless they are clearly a WUM)

Edited by t_rAndy - 09 Sep 2020 at 10:29pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Has the criticism been that harsh? Some people have shared views and certain reservations but apart from a handful of posters no one is really saying he is not up to the job already after 2 games.
It's healthy to have a bit of a debate, attack their points not the posters (unless they are clearly a WUM)

Where has there been examples of attacking the posters ? 

Edited by Baldrick - 09 Sep 2020 at 11:57pm
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 7:58am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I propose the forum be run as an anarcho-syndicalist commune where we take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, with all decisions of that officer having to be ratified at a bi-weekly meeting; just by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs and by two-thirds majority in the case of other  matters.
Like a GAA committee meeting, lovely
You check the closets for Protestants and I will make the sangwedges.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 8:18am
many people said that Coleman needed to be brought back in for his leadership.  Which Mod is the Seamus Coleman of ybig 
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Where has there been examples of attacking the posters ? 

Not going to trouble of finding exact quotes but there have been general comments made towards certain posters who have different views and a couple of breakout threads just to complain against them and comments like "I cant believe the reaction against SK, comments come normally from people who have probably never attended a match in their life".

Edited by t_rAndy - 10 Sep 2020 at 8:26am
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 9:59am
Agree with this, challenge the point, not the assumed personal motivations or agendas of the poster.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

I am basing this thread on the premise that the vast majority of us who post on here have a well above average knowledge of the national team and a passion for the international game (cue the smart comments!!).

Many of the posts on here since Thursday has been unpredictably shocking and reactionary. Was expecting some but not to this level. 

I was absolutely delighted when Mick got the job two years ago. I was disappointed when SK was lined up to take over from him. I am not a league of Ireland fan and find that those who drawl on about it extremely irritating. 

However, I am now 100 per cent behind SK and happy to give him at least a year to get to the point that we are good to watch and competitive. Since Sunday I am even more behind him and can see what he is attempting to do. 

While being critical, debate and dissecting the game are important parts of this forum, it is time that we showed a bit of leadership and don't support those who either have little knowledge of the game or those who are looking for cheap publicity and are harbouring grudges of some kind (eg Noel King).

Have we not seen enough of the puke football of 30% possession over the past number of years to not want to be patient and take a different approach?

While I think SK has made mistakes already, we need to give him an opportunity and space to learn from those. No matter what happens in Slovakia. We are likely to get even worse but we get better. 

Let's support our manager and the team. 

Good post, sometimes you just need to step away from the forum. Football is made up of opinions and what is clear cut to one poster is the opposite for another. It's why we love it. Some of the comments are outrageous but look that's what we are dealing with. I highlighted that sentence above as it will be closer to 2 years of international football before you sit back and are happy with performance and result. It will come, I have no doubt. I'm sick of travelling all over the world watching nervously as we sit tight, wait for the last 10 and start to push forward a bit with extra emphasis on the hoof. I'm prepared to wait and we need to give him time. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 2:00pm
I for one am prepared to lose in a different way. Keeps it interesting.LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic