You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bottles of Guinness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bottles of Guinness
    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 9:28pm
I think I read on here that somebody reckoned this was proper pure Guinness and the best tasting version of Guinness.   Had a bottle not too long ago and it was absolutely rotten stuff.  LLike drinking dirty brown foul tasting water.

Pint of Guinness from a quiet old man pub is yer only man.  Cans aren't up to it. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 9:31pm
Yeah, agree. 

Had cans (did the pour thing), tried the bottles....

Nowt like a proper ice cold pint. Nicest pint ive had of the black stuff was in the Long Hall. Perfection. Second to Chaplins.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Yeah, agree. 

Nowt like a proper ice cold pint. Nicest pint ive had of the black stuff was in the Long Hall. Perfection. Second to Chaplins.

Long Hall pint is okay but Chaplin's was better. 

Edited by irishmufc - 27 Jun 2020 at 9:34pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 9:57pm
Chaplins are consistently very creamy. Great spot and it’s never too crowded - you always get a seat.

Cans are nice in my opinion but had a few take away pints yesterday and previous Friday and even though they were in a plastic glass, it’s reminded me that the taste difference is palpable
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Chaplins are consistently very creamy. Great spot and it’s never too crowded - you always get a seat.

Cans are nice in my opinion but had a few take away pints yesterday and previous Friday and even though they were in a plastic glass, it’s reminded me that the taste difference is palpable

Always had a quality pint of Guinness in Chaplins try to make a point of heading there when I'm in Dublin.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Yeah, agree. 

Guinness should never be ice cold but agree on the rest, got pints delivered last Sunday with the lads & the were quality Heart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic