You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sky Sports vs BT Sports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 12:29pm
Is this new Sky Documentaries Channel available in The EIRE on Virgin Media?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Found iptv unreliable since the football started last August, even while using vpn. Kept the sub for on demand content. 

Share a now tv account with my folks , split the cost. When your sub is up for renewal you go to cancel online and they throw in a retention deal. Have paid no more than forty a month for all sports packages since Christmas and then split that. Had set the aul lad up with iptv on a smart tv and maintaining the iptv/vpn combo was proving too much hassle. Would always go during big games.

Now tv allows two simultaneous streams and are launching now tv boost shortly which allows a third. 

Thanks Saint Tom, I was just looking at now myself and the original deal of €35 a month is decent but was concerned at the increase after 3-6 months

With them over six months and fourth renewal without issue. They've even given the sports packages for free while matches are off. 

Unless you plan on buying the stick, there is no up front cost and if there pricing policy changes, you can always revert. 

My two cents is that it will always be lower than the dish and box combo offered by their parent sky as costs are much lower. They will also be slower to roll out upgrades such as 4k uhd as they will want people to pay the premium.

The main benefit for me is that i don't need a "basic" tv package from anyone as I have a dish and aerial. Even if i had to pay full price for all sports packages due to splitting the account, it is worthwhile and importantly, reliable unlike iptv. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 2:21pm
Finally got decent internet before Xmas and the brother sorted me out with a Firestick & IPTV subscription. Have hardly had the Sky box on since and going to get rid of it when the contracts up shortly. The IPTV's been brilliant - every channel going, boxsets and films galore, every match you want to see live. Can't complain about it at all
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic