You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Isolation Football Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Isolation Football Challenge
    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 12:20pm

"The Isolation Football Challenge"

FRIDAY 1st MAY at 7.30PM

Cobh Ramblers present an online football quiz fundraiser, streamed live on YouTube. Hosted by Comedian extraordinaire Andrew Ryan! 

Andrew is one of the most exciting talents to hit the comedy scene in recent years; in demand as an act and an MC at the biggest comedy clubs across the UK & Ireland. He has appeared on shows such as Russell Howard's Good News, Live at the Comedy Store and also finds the time to be a regular at the likes of the Edinburgh Festival and the Kilkenny Cat Laughs festivalAndrew's quintessentially Irish storytelling abilities and cheeky, friendly demeanor make him a natural stand up and the perfect man for the job as our host of the Isolation Football Challenge.

Are you missing your football?....Do you know your Phil Nevilles from your Gary Nevilles? ....Have you mountains of football knowledge stored up inside your head?.....then this is the quiz for you!

This is a quiz designed as fun for all the family and at just €10 to enter, it is a wonderful way to spend a Friday evening in isolation!

Players can enter as individuals or play as a virtual team via Zoom, Houseparty or any other app of choice. Answers are submitted via Google Forms. This form will be emailed to all participants on the day of the quiz. (Approx 1 hour prior to the event)

To enter or contribute to the appeal, go to: https://member.clubforce.com/tickets_m.asp?LL_ID=980&intTE_ID=1302#topp

The aim of the Isolation Football Challenge is to both provide vital funds for the club, but also, we want to raise as much money as possible for Corks Front line services in the battle against Covid 19. The Mercy Hospital Foundation and CUH Charity will be the primary beneficiaries from this fundraiser. Our Front line Services staff have gone above and beyond over the last number of weeks and we want to show our support for their efforts. 

The fundraising event will aid both the Football Club and the two nominated charities with a 50% split on all entrance fees and 100% of any non participant tickets purchased going directly to the two nominated charities.

If you are unable to take part but want to contribute directly to the Fundraising for the Mercy Hospital Foundation and CUH Charity, then please purchase a ticket and select the “Not participating” option.

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 12:22pm
I've been working on this for the last week or so. Just want to do our bit for our Frontline Services in Cork. Be great to see as many as of you as possible get involved and if you don't fancy it then please consider a non participant ticket.

Any questions give me a shout. Thumbs Up

Edited by ShamtheRam - 23 Apr 2020 at 12:22pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 5:37pm
Going to give this a go hopefully get a few others to join in via zoom be not of craic with a few beers

Edited by ringerbell - 24 Apr 2020 at 6:50pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 11:13am
Thanks very much ringer.

I'm going to try give it a big push this coming week obviously. Aiming to have 50+ partake at the very least. Would love to have more obviously. 

If ye see any posts about the quiz please lend us a retweet or a share and try spread the word. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 2:20pm
I've seen a few of these. Have wondered is there any way that they can be run to stop people googling the answers!? 

Edited by eboue16 - 25 Apr 2020 at 2:20pm
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 10:21am
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

I've seen a few of these. Have wondered is there any way that they can be run to stop people googling the answers!? 
No not as such but I have put in some ungoogleable questions to deter it
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 10:39am
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

nope. our annual club holy Thursday quiz was online this year the difference between the people cheating and not was obvious. Don't know why it annoys me so much as it was just a fund raiser and there was no real prize.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 11:31am
At the end of the day I'm just trying to raise money for the two charities above all else. If people want to cheat, then thats on them. Sucks the fun out of it.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 2:54pm
A bump on this. The deadline for entry is 7pm Friday Thumbs Up
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:35pm
52 entrants so far!

A wonderful response and along with the donations we've raised a super amount for two great charities. The deadline for entries is 7pm!

Edited by ShamtheRam - 01 May 2020 at 2:23pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 7:46pm
Looks like I've lost connection on YouTubeCry
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Did you get it back ringer?

Everyone went down. Apologies for that. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2020 at 12:17am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Did you get it back ringer?

Everyone went down. Apologies for that. 

Aye got it back working lad fair play to yous grand way to pass some of the evening. Spelling f**ked me up on a few questions thoughLOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 9:25am
Managed to raise €1000 for the charities from this Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic