You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English Clubs and New Stadiums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I'd be pretty sure that this reported decision to enlarge the stadium is based on research that the club have done. 
These are smart people, they haven't got a lot wrong since the took over City. 

If only they'd asked some fella in Dublin who watches Liverpool games in his underpants from his bedroom shouting about empty seats. 

The fella in Dublin would probably have heard the ads City used to have on Irish radio pre-covid advertising tickets for their games. 

Wonder does the same fella realise that in the last 10 years City have had a higher average attendance than his beloved club in 9 of those seasons?

The same sh*te was spun when the last stadium expansion happened. Season ticket sales continue to rise

Dunno - You'd have to ask the fella who lives in Dublin as I don't.
And its logical that their average attendance would have been bigger given they have had a higher capacity for most of the last 9 seasons.
I frankly couldn't care how many people go - I was just commenting that I think it's strange to be looking to expand when the general consensus is they don't always fill what they have.  
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

[I was just commenting that I think it's strange to be looking to expand when the general consensus is they don't always fill what they have.  

Hmmm.

The stadium capacity is given as 53,400. In their 8 home PL games this season their average attendance has been 53,152. When you count segregation/media/late rearrangements etc, I'd say these are virtually sell-out figures.

Moreover, none of these games bar Man Utd (53,475( has been against a "big name" team:Bournemouth, Palace, Forest, Soton, Brighton, Fulham, Brentford.

Even for their 3 European games, traditionally less attractive to City fans than the league, they've averaged 51,279  (the last one a dead rubber v Sevilla):
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic