Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

9 fixtures in Autumn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

wonder if the gatherings over 5000 is extended to September would they be able to swap the home fixture with Finland to be away, and then play at home to them in Oct. Might only be another 5 weeks but still long enough. 

Barring a vaccine or an anti viral medication game changer There's not a hope there'll be big crowds allowed at games this year. People need to start accepting this. Holohan and Glynn have said this already
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

wonder if the gatherings over 5000 is extended to September would they be able to swap the home fixture with Finland to be away, and then play at home to them in Oct. Might only be another 5 weeks but still long enough. 

Barring a vaccine or an anti viral medication game changer There's not a hope there'll be big crowds allowed at games this year. People need to start accepting this. Holohan and Glynn have said this already

Potentially 18 months to a vaccine best case scenario appearnelty, so if you think there wont be crowds in places in 18 months fair enough but I highly doubt it. We're still 4 months away from anything, a week is a long time in this at the moment. We just have to wait and see. I'm not confident of being in a stadium anytime soon but if I was let in one in September would i go, yeah I would. Not putting life on hold until a vaccine which may or may not happen becomes available.

An effective treatment is probably more realistic before a vaccine 

Edited by wanderer - 22 Apr 2020 at 2:48pm
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Potentially 18 months to a vaccine best case scenario appearnelty, so if you think there wont be crowds in places in 18 months fair enough but I highly doubt it. We're still 4 months away from anything, a week is a long time in this at the moment. We just have to wait and see. I'm not confident of being in a stadium anytime soon but if I was let in one in September would i go, yeah I would. Not putting life on hold until a vaccine which may or may not happen becomes available.

Exactly. There will come a time when society needs to move on. The restrictions and lockdown were about flattening the curve to help the health system. There needs to be a phased return of activities. Like yourself, if we’re allowed into a stadium in September, I’ll be there.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

Exactly. There will come a time when society needs to move on. The restrictions and lockdown were about flattening the curve to help the health system. There needs to be a phased return of activities. Like yourself, if we’re allowed into a stadium in September, I’ll be there.

2 Matches are linked with outbreaks in Liverpool and Bergamo. Not a chance will they allow huge crowds into stadiums this side of Christmas.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 12:35pm
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 9:15pm

https://amp.independent.ie/sport/soccer/international-soccer/fifa-plans-cast-further-doubt-on-irelands-hope-for-september-return-to-action-39167165.html?__twitter_impression=true

That’s a bit more realistic but still optimistic. Most anyone can expect this year is one window at very end of the year. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic