You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sean McLoughlin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Seems to be incredibly consistent per match ratings. He's for sure helped to shore up Hull's defense. 

Could be an option for us in the future if he builds on this season, given Omobamidele's issues and O'Shea's lack of form.

Possibly, but he's behind Lenihan & Dunne.

Wouldn't say O'Shea lacks form though, he just hasn't had a run of games to get up to speed after being injured for nearly 6 months.
Sponsored Links

SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 12:36am
O’Shea can’t get a run of games because he’s not playing well i.e. lack of form. Prob be next year, hopefully, after a preseason that we see him going well again 
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 1:06am
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

O’Shea can’t get a run of games because he’s not playing well i.e. lack of form. Prob be next year, hopefully, after a preseason that we see him going well again 

LOL Did you miss the bit where he was injured from September to February?

He didn't stop getting games because he was playing poorly, he fractured his ankle. Since he returned WBA have changed managers & he hasn't had a run of games to get back up to full fitness.

He played the full 90 today, but it's not guaranteed he'll keep playing. Brucey is playing around with the squad every week.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 8:37am
McLoughlin has had a good season but he's well down the list for us, even with us having a few injuries. Longer term I think he'll be passed out by some of the other younger centre backs we have coming through - the likes of McNally, O'Hora, McGuinness. So I'm not sure if he'll ever really be a contender at international level. When I've seen him he's been hard working but prone to a mistake also.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2022 at 9:52am
It's a great indication of our prospects at the back when you have lads like Dunne and McLoughlin playing plenty Championship football and having difficulty getting a call up (Dunne less so obviously). Then you have the lads at League One level all threatening to kick on and all of such an age and with experience that makes it seem like they will. O'Hora and McNally and Masterson have got games under their belt this season at that age and at a good level that would surely indicate that at least one can kick on, with McNally lauded his club's supporters and linked for a move. But Masterson has pedigree and you may kick on. And O'Hora has 2 or 3 full seasons at that level and is hoping for promotion. 

The more options we have the more likely it is we will have lads pushing up to a higher standard.

Now for a few more positions to start bearing such fruit as defence and goal. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 10:25am
Had a feeling he would be dropped despite Hull's resurgence in form last season coinciding with his selection and consistent performances at the back.

And sure enough...
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 10:53am
Hull have gone down the foreign ownership route and are busy filling up their squad with players from the Turkish and Portuguese leagues. So another club where it's going to be harder for Irish players to get a look in. Jevon Mills seems to have been cut from the first team squad as well.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 5:17pm
Hull seem to improve whenever he gets back into the side. Unbeaten in the five games he's started with just three goals conceded. They were leaking an alarming amount of goals beforehand.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 6:27pm
He’s playing well. To be joined soon at Hull by Aaron Connolly by the looks of it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 8:02pm
Singled out again for his performance against Fulham.

Hull City player ratings v Fulham in FA Cup as Sean McLoughlin impresses

Sean McLoughlin: Decent performance from the Irishman again in the black and amber. Looks so assured in the majority of what he does. 7/10

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 07 Jan 2023 at 8:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic