You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Social Media who do you follow that you disagree
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Social Media who do you follow that you disagree

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 3:49pm
Bryson 
John Taylor
Gemma O’Doherty
MC Hammered 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The rules of engagement for internet argument is long dead and buried. Mental gymnastics are the order of the day, as hominem argument is now seen as a legitimate form of rebuttal, fake news and dubious sources pepper agenda laden posts, Godwin’s Law appears almost instantly in a lot of political debates. The ‘like’ , the ‘retweet’ and the ‘share’ also means that people don’t have to be responsible for forming their own opinions, and can just use a click function to regurgitate somebody else’s views, without even thinking of vetting whether what they share is tenable, or acceptable.

A decade ago I thought the internet would ultimately make the exchange of ideas easier, reduce the burden of valid information sharing, and ensure that there was always a good quality control on the line between fact and fiction, and right and wrong. The saddest part is that social media seems now to have a critical mass of extremists and extremely dumb people who are in control, and that’s why were are where we are. Extremist, statement led politics.

As such, while I do keep an eye on the social media musings of people I don’t like, it doesn’t I’ve me a laugh or anything.

That's bollo*ks, you nazi dic*head.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 24 Feb 2020 at 4:46pm
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 4:48pm
Anyone ever notice that Nigel Farage follows Rob Elliot on Twitter?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

How would you even go about noticing that?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 5:47pm
Listen to Brendan o neill on Dunphys podcast quite regularly and I disagree with both if them on a regular basis  

As rage against the machine says.  Know your enemy :) 
AKA pedantic kunt
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Willie Frazier and his new mate that took over.

To thing people actually hold these backwards views like these in 2020 is simply astonishing.

Jamie Bryson is another like this above.

Sarah Carey - another cretin who crawled out of the gutter.

Sarah was on Twitter recently with a few buddies talking about how every second car they saw in Blackrock was an SUV. This, for them, was proof that Irish people have never had it so good and the economy is thriving and what is all the moaning about. 
I read thread at least 10 times and I think they were serious. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOLLOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Willie Frazier and his new mate that took over.

To thing people actually hold these backwards views like these in 2020 is simply astonishing.

Jamie Bryson is another like this above.

Sarah Carey - another cretin who crawled out of the gutter.

Sarah was on Twitter recently with a few buddies talking about how every second car they saw in Blackrock was an SUV. This, for them, was proof that Irish people have never had it so good and the economy is thriving and what is all the moaning about. 
I read thread at least 10 times and I think they were serious. 

I live near Blackrock and that's complete scutter.  LOL

What planet do these gobsh*tes live on? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That's some next level wierd sh*t LOL
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 9:01pm

The rules of engagement for internet argument is long dead and buried. Mental gymnastics are the order of the day, as hominem argument is now seen as a legitimate form of rebuttal, fake news and dubious sources pepper agenda laden posts, Godwin’s Law appears almost instantly in a lot of political debates. The ‘like’ , the ‘retweet’ and the ‘share’ also means that people don’t have to be responsible for forming their own opinions, and can just use a click function to regurgitate somebody else’s views, without even thinking of vetting whether what they share is tenable, or acceptable.

A decade ago I thought the internet would ultimately make the exchange of ideas easier, reduce the burden of valid information sharing, and ensure that there was always a good quality control on the line between fact and fiction, and right and wrong. The saddest part is that social media seems now to have a critical mass of extremists and extremely dumb people who are in control, and that’s why were are where we are. Extremist, statement led politics.

As such, while I do keep an eye on the social media musings of people I don’t like, it doesn’t I’ve me a laugh or anything.
The inventor of Godwin's Law, Mr. Godwin, has said that Godwin's Law does not apply when talking about Trump. 

I'd add that it doesn't apply when talking about several other current world leaders.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

The inventor of Godwin's Law, Mr. Godwin, has said that Godwin's Law does not apply when talking about Trump. 

I'd add that it doesn't apply when talking about several other current world leaders.

I wouldn’t be speaking about Trump. But I have seen it used rather liberally when talking about leaders who are not part of the modern demagoguery.
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 9:40pm
None as I don’t have any social media accounts. To much sh!te on it all. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic