You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 837838839
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 1:54pm
Why the delay in getting the 2nd boosters out to the general public ?  From what I make of it, the people mostly keeping the covid in the public domain are those who gain from keeping it, especially those who want to work from home indefinitely.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I don't they will do anything at the moment because it's already so prevalent at the moment, restrictions or additional controls like masks won't really help. But once this wave is over and looking ahead to the colder months when the hospitals are already going to be dealing with seasonal illness, would actually expect that there will be some measures brought in such as masks in public transport and the shops and work from home if you can. 

I could live with those for a few months. 

Yea because all that worked before. 

it is debatable how much it would work. Science would say it at least helps and it might just be a situation of every little thing helps the HSE so let's be seen to do something. 
But no doubt it will be chaos in the hospitals come winter season, masks or no masks
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Why the delay in getting the 2nd boosters out to the general public ?  From what I make of it, the people mostly keeping the covid in the public domain are those who gain from keeping it, especially those who want to work from home indefinitely.

Personally speaking, I think getting Covid is the thing preventing me from getting it again in the short term. Vaccine booster didn't stop me getting it (maybe helped with the severity of it but not sure, i was worse than my wife and she hadn't been boosted when we both got it in March). 
In the last weeks my daughter has had it (she somehow didn't get it when it entered our house in March), family members we were in direct contact for long periods of time have it but yet we are not picking it up.

For me, the situation is really we should just boost older and sicker people and try protect them as much as possible. More healthy people probably just accept they will get a little sick once every 6 months (similar to getting cold once or twice a year). 

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 9:09pm

Personally speaking, I think getting Covid is the thing preventing me from getting it again in the short term. Vaccine booster didn't stop me getting it (maybe helped with the severity of it but not sure, i was worse than my wife and she hadn't been boosted when we both got it in March). 
In the last weeks my daughter has had it (she somehow didn't get it when it entered our house in March), family members we were in direct contact for long periods of time have it but yet we are not picking it up.

For me, the situation is really we should just boost older and sicker people and try protect them as much as possible. More healthy people probably just accept they will get a little sick once every 6 months (similar to getting cold once or twice a year). 

Similar experiences to yourself and I think that is the way it will go in the future
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 9:33pm

A cold you say ? If you said that a year and a half ago you would have fallen into the conspiracy theorist bracket and been accused of negligence to your fellow public Andy. How times have changed. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 10:26pm
It's not a cold. I had it in March and my energy levels are still absolutely f**ked. Can't go up the stairs without losing my breath and general energy levels and levels of tiredness have been terrible. Can't shake it

I had f**k all symptoms at the time as well. Horrible bastard of a thing 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

It's not a cold. I had it in March and my energy levels are still absolutely f**ked. Can't go up the stairs without losing my breath and general energy levels and levels of tiredness have been terrible. Can't shake it

Time to give up the Mayfair mark Clap
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 10:33pm
I don't follow Babbs! 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Byrne04 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byrne04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 10:47pm

that's the Vaccine for sure. Absolutely C*nt of a thing. 
Byrne04 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byrne04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 10:47pm

because its an absolute waste of time. The jab does more harm than anything but they don't report on it. It's an absolute farce 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 11:03pm

I don't follow Babbs! 
Mayfair....cheap low quality smokes
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 4:20am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

A cold you say ? If you said that a year and a half ago you would have fallen into the conspiracy theorist bracket and been accused of negligence to your fellow public Andy. How times have changed. 

Who would have thought 18 months ago that vaccines could work so well. So well, that the it's only a cold and grow a pair has now been proven correct. Yayyy

Edited by Artie Ziff - 07 Jul 2022 at 4:20am
It would damage this forums' reputation
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Had similar conversation with the Mrs recently, 4 times it’s been in my house, got pcr tests for 3 of them, all negative.

4th time, a couple of weeks ago, hse advise wasn’t to get tested originally. After a few days, had a bit of a sniffle. Didn’t stop me going for 10k runs, felt less than a cold tbh. Advice duddenly changes to get tested.

Are we supposed to be paranoid and go around testing ourselves every time we’ve a sniffle now? Not for me
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 837838839
  Share Topic