You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A list of asterisks over Liverpool's league title
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A list of asterisks over Liverpool's league title

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:56pm
*Man City are a bunch of cheats
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:58pm
Biggest PL winning margin: Liverpool 2018-19 (25 points) (*)(**)

*Manchester city won league at the time, but were proven to be cheating bastards

**City previously held the record at 19 points, until they were proven to be cheating slave driving bastards in 2020
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 11:42pm
The season was never finished and they were never actually champions 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 11:22am
Humanity was extinguished before they could clinch it. It was a price Manchester United supporters were willing to pay, and bettter value than most of their signings over the last seven years.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 2:50pm
I bet that eejit sid waddell is seething he started this thread now!

A global pandemic, Liverpool didn't win the league, lolz! The whole world is laughing at them!

Now, if you don't mind, I have to go to my granny's funeral, along  with the designated other two people allowed to go.

But, christ, it's hilarious!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 2:57pm
The problem there Sid is that people, like yourself, are taking football jibes too seriously. Nobody is laughing because somebody's granny died or anything like it. Football, and football rivalry in particular, is often a puerile distraction and escap from real life. 
That's all any of this is, because the reality isn't great.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The problem there Sid is that people, like yourself, are taking football jibes too seriously. Nobody is laughing because somebody's granny died or anything like it. Football, and football rivalry in particular, is often a puerile distraction and escap from real life. 
That's not true. I laughed at your granny dying on another thread. And I'd do it again.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

That's not true. I laughed at your granny dying on another thread. And I'd do it again.
And fair play. But assuming people laughing at something that is happening in football,  a popular form of escapism, and what is happening in the wider world is just silly. Football fans will poke fun of other football fans, it is a large part of why we all enjoy it. It doesn't mean those football fans are saying 'I am glad that thousands are dying because it stopped/delayed/ whatever Liverpool winning the league.'
In fact, it's nearly the opposite. With no actual football, nothing to do but hear of death, illness and government failure, people need a silly distraction like the football that isn't happening. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 4:03pm
Poor Sid's just looking for something to be offended about

Keep the chin up, YNWA Sid x

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 4:12pm

And fair play. But assuming people laughing at something that is happening in football,  a popular form of escapism, and what is happening in the wider world is just silly. Football fans will poke fun of other football fans, it is a large part of why we all enjoy it. It doesn't mean those football fans are saying 'I am glad that thousands are dying because it stopped/delayed/ whatever Liverpool winning the league.'
In fact, it's nearly the opposite. With no actual football, nothing to do but hear of death, illness and government failure, people need a silly distraction like the football that isn't happening. 
To be fair, a lot of them do genuinely think it. The same sort of eejits who still claim Liverpool suppporters were to blame for Hillsborough. Bizarrely, a lot of them are the same people who are crying "open it up ta fook" now. 

There are lot of weird people who think a lot of weird things.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 4:16pm
Of course, but they are a minority. To most people it is just escapism and, as the kids call it, 'bantz'.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 12:32pm

I bet that eejit sid waddell is seething he started this thread now!

A global pandemic, Liverpool didn't win the league, lolz! The whole world is laughing at them!

Now, if you don't mind, I have to go to my granny's funeral, along  with the designated other two people allowed to go.

But, christ, it's hilarious!

Seeing friends comments on twitter and hearing from Liverpool fans in work they want football back as soon as possible they honestly don't give a f**k if its safe to do so all they want is their league title the entitled c**nts.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 01 May 2020 at 1:14pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 12:50pm
LOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:15pm
From my point of view, this is very different to the disgusting chants that relate to Hillsborough/Munich etc. Those tragedies are exceptionally personal and can’t be shared. They are ingrained into the fabric of the club and any misuse is invective designed to hit at the heart of the club. The Covid 19 crisis is shared and internationally impacting. As such, I think it is just a case of football fans behaving childishly and knowing they’ll get a rise out of Liverpool fans, and they are not disappointed.

But look at this in any context. Would Liverpool fans be applauding Man united or Everton to the title, or if the shoe was on the other foot, would they be talking of asterisks? Same if Rangers were about to stop Celtic’s historic title charge. Celtic fans would be doing the mental gymnastics to claim this season didn’t count.

As PM says, it’s football fans being football fans.  
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 11:28am
Klopp admits Liverpool's title win will for ever have an asterisk beside it: 'Give us an asterisk. Yes. Do it.'

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 12:43pm
*Greatest champions ever.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 8:51pm
You’ve got asterisk problems I feel bad for you son
Got 99 points, not a record sum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic