You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 Tickets - Sweden

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro 2020 Tickets - Sweden
    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 10:31pm
Does anybody have any tickets they don't want for the Sweden v Poland game in Dublin and/or the game with the play off winner ? I have a group of Swedish friends that were asking. Cheers 
Linzark
Sponsored Links

CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 7:44pm
I've one ticket for that match but won't decide what I'm doing with it until I see if we qualify or not. If we do qualify I'll probably sell it as will want to watch our own match vs Spain, if we don't I'll probably go along to it myself.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 3:48am
I've a load of tickets. Go team Sweden.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 4:12am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

A super trouper such as yerself should take a chance on Linzark, there might be some money (money money) in it for you in a winner takes it all game like the 2nd round involving Sweden. Though if ya can't oblige, he could always send out an SOS closer to the time. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Linzark View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Big smile
Linzark
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

I've one ticket for that match but won't decide what I'm doing with it until I see if we qualify or not. If we do qualify I'll probably sell it as will want to watch our own match vs Spain, if we don't I'll probably go along to it myself.

I cant understand why Irish fans would go to matches as a neutral and leave fans of competing teams ticketless. It would be a much better spectacle if there were close to 50,000 Polish and Swedish fans at the Dublin games. There is little worse than a football game full of neutral fans.

Also it would be a fairly decent boost to the economy to have tens of thousands of extra visitors coming to Dublin. Without tickets they wont come
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 9:38pm
LOLLOL

Absolute nonsense.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Linzark View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 4:52am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

LOLLOL

Absolute nonsense.

Question
Linzark
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Linzark Linzark wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

LOLLOL

Absolute nonsense.

Question
Not you, the post above mine.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 9:30am
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

I cant understand why Irish fans would go to matches as a neutral and leave fans of competing teams ticketless. It would be a much better spectacle if there were close to 50,000 Polish and Swedish fans at the Dublin games. There is little worse than a football game full of neutral fans.

Also it would be a fairly decent boost to the economy to have tens of thousands of extra visitors coming to Dublin. Without tickets they wont come

We should get as many Irish fans to go to this, as possible. We can all wear our Ireland Jersey and sing the Fields of Athenry.
PaConnors View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaConnors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 12:30pm

Some people like going to matches - shock horror.

I've been to plenty of matches as a neutral and I don't think I've sabotaged the atmosphere. 

The problem is that the allocation for competing teams is too small - not neutrals who happen to enjoy football regardless of who is playing. 
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2020 at 4:16pm

Clown
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 5:24am
Originally posted by PaConnors PaConnors wrote:

Some people like going to matches - shock horror.

I've been to plenty of matches as a neutral and I don't think I've sabotaged the atmosphere. 

The problem is that the allocation for competing teams is too small - not neutrals who happen to enjoy football regardless of who is playing. 

I agree with the point that allocations are too small, but the problem is exacerbated in this tournament in that there will be far more neutrals interested in attending given that the matches are spread out over so many countries. You might not have 'sabotaged' the atmosphere at games you have attended, but imagine Giants stadium, Gdansk or Lille with only 5000 Irish fans present if the locals all went along, not as fans but essentially for entertainment.

Plenty of Irish fans bought tickets for Dublin games in the hope/expectation that Ireland would actually be playing. It looks likely that these tickets are now not going to be for Ireland games. 

What will happen now is that lots of Irish fans will ship out in March if we dont qualify, but most of these tickets will be Cat 1, where fans dont see the value in paying almost e200 to watch as a neutral. Fans with Cat 3 tickets are far more likely to attend as a neutral with a "f**k it, I'll go to the game anyway, its only 50 notes" attitude.

Anyway the point stands.People can do what they want, but I'll be leaving tickets to fans of competing teams and let them have their day. There will be plenty more Ireland games in the future.
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 9:43pm
You'll have far more clarity on this after the playoffs. I've 2 for the sweden game (and the other games) but have family event on day of Sweden game. 

If we qualify, I'll move heaven and earth to go but if not I'll just off-load them as I'll have to go to the family event.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic