Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In League with Gaddafi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

i thought it was good..some old league of ireland footage was interesting... brian kerr loves himself ....johnny mcdonald a taxi driver, didnt know that .. haughey and gadafi...similar.. it would appeal to different viewers... yeah dublin looked like  a sh*thole.. all of ireland probably was anyway...i've seen worse on rte.

Haughey and gadaffi were taxi men?? Rovers ****s
LOL
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

i thought it was good..some old league of ireland footage was interesting... brian kerr loves himself ....johnny mcdonald a taxi driver, didnt know that .. haughey and gadafi...similar.. it would appeal to different viewers... yeah dublin looked like  a sh*thole.. all of ireland probably was anyway...i've seen worse on rte.

Haughey and gadaffi were taxi men?? Rovers ****s

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by theworm2345 theworm2345 wrote:

If someone with basic tech skills in Ireland can access the show, follow the below instructions, and send me the link, I can make it available to any interested parties.
https://www.rte.ie/player/series/in-league-with-gadaffi/SI0000006589?epguid=IP000065450&seasonguid=120317991961

Are you sure the RTE url is correct? nothing is playing, even when I refresh it. Could be blocked in work.

I'll try later at home.
Thanks for your efforts -- I believe that URL should be correct but I cannot play it either from Chicago

Edited by theworm2345 - 10 Dec 2019 at 4:44pm
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 4:55pm
The URL loads the page correctly, the quick time appears to load the media and then stops.

Browsing the site - https://www.rte.ie/player/onnow/channel/RTEONE/66546216066

It does not appear that In League With Gadaffi is on RTE player yet - as there is no option to play it, while other programs work fine.

Might need to wait a while.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The URL loads the page correctly, the quick time appears to load the media and then stops.

Browsing the site - https://www.rte.ie/player/onnow/channel/RTEONE/66546216066

It does not appear that In League With Gadaffi is on RTE player yet - as there is no option to play it, while other programs work fine.

Might need to wait a while.
EDIT: Thanks very much to horsebox who sent me the needed information.  Unfortunately, RTE have made downloading their stuff more difficult in the last month, so I'm not sure I'll be able to help here.  However, there may be a labor-intensive work around using ffmpeg, and will post here if I can get it to work and can share the final product.

Edited by theworm2345 - 10 Dec 2019 at 10:11pm
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 10:28pm
Good luck!

Watched it tonight and enjoyed it.

No surprise to see an Ireland select scoring from a long ball from the keeper and the game finishing 1-1

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 10:55pm
Good oul show, enjoyed it. Have to say me favourite part was non-football related, the footage of CLH & Albert Reynolds in Dublin airport on their way to Libya to meet Ghadaffi to do some deal on beef was priceless. 

Reynolds shuffling around in the background, saying absolutely nothing and looking like he didn't want to be there, Haughey expressing surprise that the journalists knew about the trip (likely while mentally making a note to find out who leaked the story, have him sacked, then killed & fed to goats), then calmly proceeds to bluff his way out of it by talking up the economic benefits of the trip while looking like he hadn't a care in the world. Which he possibly didn't. 

Maybe its from watching Reeling in the Years, but its further proof that nearly all archive footage from the 70s & 80s can be immediately improved by throwing in a clip of one of CJH or Albert commenting on some issue of the day. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 9:29am
What ground was it where Mick Moody scores against Rovers as he's being introduced in the programme?

Edited by The Huntacha - 11 Dec 2019 at 9:34am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 9:31am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Good oul show, enjoyed it. Have to say me favourite part was non-football related, the footage of CLH & Albert Reynolds in Dublin airport on their way to Libya to meet Ghadaffi to do some deal on beef was priceless. 

Reynolds shuffling around in the background, saying absolutely nothing and looking like he didn't want to be there, Haughey expressing surprise that the journalists knew about the trip (likely while mentally making a note to find out who leaked the story, have him sacked, then killed & fed to goats), then calmly proceeds to bluff his way out of it by talking up the economic benefits of the trip while looking like he hadn't a care in the world. Which he possibly didn't. 

Maybe its from watching Reeling in the Years, but its further proof that nearly all archive footage from the 70s & 80s can be immediately improved by throwing in a clip of one of CJH or Albert commenting on some issue of the day. 

He actually comes straight out and says he wonders how they knew he would be going LOL

Also, Haughey is the image of Tony Soprano's mother.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 10:23am
Caught it last night as well and enjoyed it. Like an Irish 30 for 30 in that there was a political backdrop which loomed large over this otherwise totally random sporting event.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 10:28am
Rovers lads drive taxis bohs lads make documentaries 
AKA pedantic kunt
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

What ground was it where Mick Moody scores against Rovers as he's being introduced in the programme?
Assuming he scored it for Pats -- Moody scored two league goals for Pats against Rovers, both at Harold's Cross.

I'm still working on getting the file to work to make it available
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 7:45pm
Gone from the RTE Player Confused
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 9:29am
Was thinking it must have been Harold's cross Thumbs Up
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Seems to be there now
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Seems to be there now

It is, but you can't click play on it - it appears to be disabled.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 9:50pm
Just caught up now, decent show, enjoyed the stories and footage.

I take it there were no away fans yeah LOL
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 9:39pm
Bad news: Despite their new protections, I found a way to download the programme off of RTE player...however, they have also added encryption to their files, rendering the file unplayable, so for now it seems I'm up sh*t creek for the most part.

Good news: Some Good Samaritan posted a link on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/teilifis/comments/e8jl7z/in_league_with_gadaffi/ 

Edited by theworm2345 - 15 Dec 2019 at 9:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic