You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

January 2020 transfer window

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: January 2020 transfer window
    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 12:47pm
Nearing that time of year when players need to review their positions at their club. 

Just for fun- what ireland players would benefit from a loan move or completely jump ship?

Parrott loan to the championship? Duffy to leave Brighton or fight for his place?

Sponsored Links

CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 5:55pm
I wouldn't be worried if Duffy or Parrott didn't get a move yet, Duffy I think could come back into contention for Brighton and is never in doubt of losing his international spot. If he is still on the bench by the summer maybe then a move could be on the cards. Parrott has been covered hundreds of times but he is only 17 so no major panic in getting a move.

Kevin Long definitely needs a move from Burnley, not a key player for us but he really doesn't feature at all for them, with a move to the Championship he should see more game time. 

Shane Long probably could do with dropping down a division too, not playing for a poor Southampton team has seen him go from a big player for Ireland to not even being in the squad. 

Robbie Brady another who might benefit from a move but has shown glimpses for Burnley and might fancy staying and battling for his place.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 7:12pm
Kevin Long had an opportunity to go out on loan to a Championship club in the summer and turned it down.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 7:58pm
All academic. How our players are doing at club level has no bearing on whether they are or are not picked for Ireland and in what position. This has been the case for some years. And this will not change until we get someone vaguely competent as national team coach.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 12:47pm
In terms of players going on loan for the 2nd half of the season, I'd really like to see -

Troy Parrott to have a few months in the championship or league 1 

Would like to see some of the celtic lads go on loan as they dont look like pushing for a place this season 

Kilkenny is getting some time on the bench but would like to see a short loan spell for progress 

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 6:57pm
The Guardian linking Manning to Wolves and Darragh Lenihan to Sheffield United 

You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 7:03pm
From what I've seen of Manning I haven't been impressed but Wolves would be some move for him if he could break into the starting team. Fair play to the lad if he's attracting interest from a top 10 EPL side. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 7:08pm
Bot sure how Lenihan would fit into Sheff Utd's system tbh, he's very poor in possession and quite slow which doesn't suit the way they play from the back. He's much more of a big, solid 4-4-2 type defender.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 7:09pm
Gary Deegan signed for Shels from Cambridge today.
We're decent enough..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Gary Deegan signed for Shels from Cambridge today.
That’s his level.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Bot sure how Lenihan would fit into Sheff Utd's system tbh, he's very poor in possession and quite slow which doesn't suit the way they play from the back. He's much more of a big, solid 4-4-2 type defender.

Perhaps in the Egan role? Can see Williams being more suited to
one of the wide berths
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 3:56pm
Jordan Shipley being linked with Ipswich. Seems to have hit some serious form over the past 4-6 weeks.
We're decent enough..
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 3:37pm
Randolph to West Ham
£4m

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Randolph to West Ham
£4m

Should have stayed at Middlesbrough.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 12:35am
Liam KELLY remember him? Sunderland interested in him allegedly although he has played only one game for Feyenoord.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 10:11pm
Jake Mulraney and Aidy White have both been told that they can leave Hearts if they can find other clubs. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic