Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 years ago to the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

The first leg was a terrible performance. Anelka's shot took a deflection on the way in too IIRC.

Duff's miss in the 2nd leg haunts me more than the handball, similar to McClean not squaring it to Long when we were 1-0 in Lyon.

Yes, on both counts. The French goal was deflected in Dublin....probably would have ended 0-0 otherwise.

Duff's miss I remember more than the handball.....that goes in and we would have qualified comfortably.

Did the French not deserve the win in Dublin? I always though the 1-0 was fair given the play.

We should have won 2-0 away. 

Sponsored Links

Tribesman91 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 6:24pm
I was at that match and didn't realise there was a handball until French fans were apologising to us on the train back into town afterwards! The reaction in the weeks after were embarrassing. The 33rd team ffs
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 11:09pm

The first leg was a terrible performance. Anelka's shot took a deflection on the way in too IIRC.

Duff's miss in the 2nd leg haunts me more than the handball, similar to McClean not squaring it to Long when we were 1-0 in Lyon.

Daryl Murphy, not Long. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Ruined that song for me, shame catchy 
Still hate that song to this day, being in the stadium that night.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
The Green Werewolf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Green Werewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 11:35pm
was there in paris 09 and what a way to celebrate the 10 year anniversary tonight Sleepy tonight proved that living through the ultimate heartreak battle hardens one for anything.  Fridays draw will reveal all. If a home final then being optimistic we should fancy our chances  At least a play off will put at end to this “if you’d have given me X points after X games I would have taken it” crap. At the end of the day we’re a play off team and if we can’t beat the Slovaks in last chance saloon we deserve to be nowhere near the euros - and that’s just being honest.

Edited by The Green Werewolf - 18 Nov 2019 at 11:38pm
Away days brighten the North Stand, Our football friends from foreign lands. They'd nudge eachother with their hands - "Wow these really are the worlds best fans"
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:28am
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Daryl Murphy, not Long. 

Always thought it was Long for some reason, have never watched the game back.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic