You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro Accommodations - Dublin games

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro Accommodations - Dublin games
    Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 2:12am
For those of you planning to spend the night in Dublin for the 4 Euros games and don’t live nearby, where are you planning to stay?
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 3:15am
Same as home internationals, day trip from Cork.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Gravitas AFC View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravitas AFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 8:56am
Depends on the kickoff times.  I think for at least one match I'll stay over.  Tournament atmosphere and all that Wink
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:28am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Same as home internationals, day trip from Cork.
You’re looking for the Euro Day Trip - Dublin Games thread
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 1:04pm
Where is the meet up lads.  

Where can you get cans

What’s the pick pocketing situation like

Has anyone e mailed a bar manager to say we are in town and get some
Deals 
AKA pedantic kunt
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

For those of you planning to spend the night in Dublin for the 4 Euros games and don’t live nearby, where are you planning to stay?
Why bother ?? Everywhere will have prices sky high.
You'll be sure that there'll be late night buses and trains running if we qualify.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 1:44pm
Sleep in your car the only job.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 2:19pm
Flying out of Dublin, through Schiphol and Frankfurt, up to Glasgow, into Belfast and a train down to Dublin. Staying in the Generator in Smithfield, bag of cans at the square all day in Temple Bar. Wash and repeat for however many days Dead 
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Flying out of Dublin, through Schiphol and Frankfurt, up to Glasgow, into Belfast and a train down to Dublin. Staying in the Generator in Smithfield, bag of cans at the square all day in Temple Bar. Wash and repeat for however many days Dead 

How much are the flights costing? LOL
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 9:44pm

Have  a 1 hour and twenty minutes changeover in Dublin to make my connecting flight from Dublin to Dublin. Have i enough time, don't want to chance missing my connection and be stuck in Dublin.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Have  a 1 hour and twenty minutes changeover in Dublin to make my connecting flight from Dublin to Dublin. Have i enough time, don't want to chance missing my connection and be stuck in Dublin.

Madness to even attempt that, be better to go from Dublin to Gdansk and transfer through there, 13 hour layover but the drink is cheaper in the airport there, so you would probably save a bit doing it that way. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:03am
You can definitely save on accommodation if you get the night train. It's far handier than staying in Dublin and saves on accommodation too.

Definitely cheaper than staying in the Generator is going to be, anyway.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 2:02am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

You can definitely save on accommodation if you get the night train. It's far handier than staying in Dublin and saves on accommodation too.

Definitely cheaper than staying in the Generator is going to be, anyway.

First time I've heard about this train. Did it only start recently

Never saw it at any train station I was in 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 12:55pm
Started in 2016, afaik. Mostly rich Americans I think. €9,100 for a week on a train is a bit steep, all the same.

Could be worse. The once-a-year, Paris-Istanbul Orient Express that the same crowd run is something like £30,000 pp.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:20pm

Started in 2016, afaik. Mostly rich Americans I think. €9,100 for a week on a train is a bit steep, all the same.

Could be worse. The once-a-year, Paris-Istanbul Orient Express that the same crowd run is something like £30,000 pp.
I would rather pay 30k on the Orient Express than 10k to go to Killarney!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I would rather pay 30k on the Orient Express than 10k to go to Killarney!
The Indo had a write about the train in Saturdays paper .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 11:22pm
If we qualify do we know what dates the 2 home matches and the away will be? 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 9:34am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

If we qualify do we know what dates the 2 home matches and the away will be? 

The dates of the games in Dublin and Bilbao are known, but we may end up playing all 3 games in Dublin dependant on how we qualify and potential draw to decide the venue between ourselves and Spain.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic