Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Womens World Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Btw, 10 million viewers on the BBC last night and a peak of 320k on RTE2

Looks like the women's game has well and truly arrived
I arrived myself a few times this tournament looking at Alex Morgan Heart
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 3:55pm
10 million viewers, unbelievable. Especially as Love Island was on at the same time.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

w**ker
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Never a penalty.

The Yank clipped the English players heel as she was about to shot. Thats a peno all day, all night and for life everlasting. Amen. 

It’s a no for me MC.

Free kick out would have been the correct call.

Everyone around to Bennys gaff for a tennis ball protest when he walks out the front door. 
El Puto Amo
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:17pm
A free out when the striker is fouled and about to tap the ball in from 6 odd yards out LOL f*cking hell
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:19pm
Btw, did anyone on BBC or rte last night ask why the USA defender wasn't sent off? 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Btw, did anyone on BBC or rte last night ask why the USA defender wasn't sent off? 

BBC mentioned it in commentary, you can't be sent off for a foul that leads to a penalty unless it's obviously intended to stop a goal, has been in place for a few years. No way she could have been sent off for that, happened in a split second.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:26pm

"Players who commit a foul to deny a goalscoring opportunity will no longer automatically be sent off, football's rule-making body has confirmed.

The previous 'triple-punishment' rule required a red card - and therefore a suspension - as well as the award of a penalty under those circumstances.

However, players committing accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring chance will now be cautioned instead.

But deliberate fouls will still incur a red card.

Those include holding, pulling or pushing, not playing the ball, serious foul play, violent conduct or deliberate handball in order to deny a goalscoring opportunity."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36047575

I imagine the ref concluded that the American didn't commit any of the offences outlined in bold, i.e. brushing against an opponent in open play does not constitute "serious foul play" or "violent conduct"?

(Though I personally still have difficulty with the concept of an "accidental foul", but that's an argument for another day)

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:33pm
It was ungentlemanly conduct
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Now, now, we'll have none of that sexism here.

It was unladylike.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

It was unladylike.

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

It was unladylike.

Yip, that was the joke
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:50pm
Weather must be piss poor in portugal
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

BBC mentioned it in commentary, you can't be sent off for a foul that leads to a penalty unless it's obviously intended to stop a goal, has been in place for a few years. No way she could have been sent off for that, happened in a split second.

No intent to play the ball. It's exactly what dogso is in place for. If the penalty is given that has to be a red card.

Maybe I'm the only one who would interpret that as a definite intentional foul by the USA defender. Which is very strange. I'm sure that if that was a men's match every one would look at that and think the defender knows exactly what he's doing in that scenario. It's very cynical by the defender.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 03 Jul 2019 at 4:56pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Weather must be piss poor in portugal

I'm home now, it was great 27/28 degrees, quite the opposite of piss poor.

Still very interested in my whereabouts I see LOL

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 5:04pm
Yip,  that was the joke Wink
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 1:17pm
Was a crap game last night. Nice goal all the same 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic